Company Name: TD SYNNEX
Location: Greenville, SC (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
We are looking for an Event Planner in the Greenville, SC area to join our team! This dynamic and engaging role supports event planning logistic requirements on behalf of TD SYNNEX to include meetings, trade shows/exhibits, dinners, one-day events, incentive trips and conferences. Our TD SYNNEX team is one of the best in the industry providing amazing events for our team and vendor partners. If you’re interested in working for a Fortune company while providing exceptional customer service for our partners, then apply today!
What You’ll Do
- Plan, coordinate and execute marketing events such as roadshows, incentive trips, sporting events and internal and external customer-focused events.
- Travel Domestically for assigned events. 25%-35% of your time will be traveling (including nights and weekends).
- Assist the team with assignment for our major conferences (from 10-2,000 attendees).
- Negotiate contracts with venues and vendors with oversight from senior colleagues and managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with venues, hotels, and outside vendors (AV, Décor, Transportation, etc.) including getting competitive bids and reviewing to meet TD SYNNEX standards and pricing.
- Coordinate and oversee all on-site logistics for smaller events from start to finish and as a team effort for larger events.
- Coordinate virtual production and day of logistics, including taking on lead and secondary roles as needed such as: meeting host, moderator.
- Create a budget for and track expenditures of assigned events. Demonstrate the ability to work with profit and loss as it relates to the event budgets.
- Work with Marketing team to create event proposals and stay within approved budgets while being flexible with unexpected needs and expenses.
- Work with marketing to develop and review registration sites for events.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentations and spreadsheets for event planning: rooming list, activity choices, attendee list, transportation, audiovisual needs, event specs, BEO’s, etc.
- Work with venue and program leads on food/beverage selections for events.
- Determine event promotional items, attendee gifts, door prizes and/or giveaways.
- Maintain file of all aspects of event details for future reference.
- Stay current with industry standards, tends and upcoming properties.
- Meets attendance & punctuality standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- An experienced Corporate Event Planner with experience planning virtual and large-scale corporate conferences & events preferred
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Network effectively to build solid, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at the same time.
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and deadlines and take both praise and criticism well; Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Display a preference for interacting with people, being friendly, outgoing, articulate and socially at ease. Network effectively to build solid, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at the same time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a solid ability for proofreading and quality control.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a given time and manage projects with strict deadlines, attention to detail, and work independently as well as in a team to accomplish department goals.
- Knowledge with CVENT and demonstrate proficiency with Webex, Zoom, Teams, Microsoft Office, Excel and other registration, virtual meeting, and office software.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional appearance under pressure.
- Recognize and attend to crucial details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Position Discipline (Ex: Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations) preferred
- 2 to 4 years of relevant event planning-specific experience; Current Affiliation in Professional Organizations is a plus; CMP certification preferred, but not required
- Candidates should possess the strength and mobility to lift and transfer objects up to 50 lbs. with necessary accommodation, and the stamina to stand, bend, stoop, or walk for prolonged event days, occasionally exceeding 15 hours.
- Able to travel for events and other work functions: Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel to all states, Canada, and Latin America with notice.
- The ideal candidate is local to Greenville, SC with the flexibility to work remotely or commute to the office and be available for travel typically ~30% of the time.
What’s In It For You?
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.
We are committed to building a team that represents and empowers a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.