Company Name: Brighthouse Financial
Location: Charlotte, NC
Type: Full Time
This role will coordinate internal and external meetings, conferences, and events, with a focus on virtual meetings and webinars. The person in this role must be able to anticipate project and event needs, prioritize work, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Outstanding client service, an enthusiastic and professional attitude, and the ability to build relationships with internal and external clients and vendors is critical to success.
- Oversee the logistics, technology, and seamless execution of virtual and hybrid events.
- Bring virtual components together to produce a cohesive and valuable virtual event experience for participants.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute engaging conferences and events, often occurring simultaneously, ensuring that each project plan is on track, on budget, and deadlines are met.
- Research and identify virtual entertainment and team building event opportunities/vendors.
- Prepare meeting and event budgets, negotiate contracts with vendors and reconcile expenses.
- Attend conferences and events to oversee meeting prep and manage onsite activities to ensure plans are executed and outstanding service is provided.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Essential Business Experience And Technical Skills
- Knowledgeable about virtual platforms.
- Familiarity with lighting, videography equipment, physical staging, and technical bandwidth.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, meeting facilities, food and beverage service, transportation services, and entertainment vendors.
- 5+ years of experience in meeting planning with a minimum of 2 years’ experience hosting virtual meetings and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Teams, Zoom and other virtual platforms.
- Ability to travel and maintain high energy, endurance, and stamina to work long hours before and during events.
- Ability to remain calm and stay focused under pressure with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Meeting and event management certification and financial services industry experience a plus.
- Competencies: Communicates effectively, focuses on customers, project and relationship management skills, adaptability, creative and innovative team player, uses sound business judgment, projects executive presence.
- Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, annual incentive plan, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
Up to 25%