Company Name: Apex Systems
Location: New York, NY
Key Responsibilities include:
- With moderate guidance, work collaboratively with event leadership, marketing partners and business stakeholders to support and execute integrated event plans and experiences, including agenda development, vendor management, risk management, contract negotiation, expense management, food and beverage management, audio visual management, budget reconciliation, event analysis and measurement.
- Assist and/or take the lead on planning and executing a steady stream of client-facing and internal events
- Manage individual events budget, ensuring disciplined spend management and optimization of internal and external resources.
- Provide operational event support, including vendor onboarding, invoice processing, branded merchandise research and fulfillment, and other operational event support as applicable
- Create registration websites and custom email communications including invitations, reminders, and confirmations on Cvent
- Coordinate and oversee a variety of business events and high-touch experiences from end-to-end; elements of which include, agenda development, vendor/site research, contract negotiation, expense management, catering, audio visual management, budget reconciliation and post-event analysis
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party vendors and cross-functional internal teams, creative services, digital marketing, etc.
- 5+ years of related experience in events, preferably in financial services with comprehensive knowledge of event marketing strategies.
- Proactive and collaborative multitasker with strong and effective communications skills
- A passionate and high-energy style and positive mind-set
- Willingness to learn and understand event best practices
- Superior verbal, presentation and written communications skills required, proficiency in PowerPoint. Superior collaboration skills, team-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize; never afraid to pitch in and roll up your sleeves. Ability to rapidly pivot from one project to the next, work well under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Expertise with Cvent or relevant event technologies. Ability to travel or work off hours/weekends as needed. Bachelors degree in marketing or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required.