Company Name: Tivity Health
Location: Franklin, TN
Type: Full Time
The Events Specialist plans and manages Tivity Health fitness programs field-based events including but not limited to health plan requested events, industry conferences, and community events. This position will identify and contract with vendors/locations as appropriate to concept events and deliver according to client needs and Tivity Health business interests. This person will attend some events, involving travel and overnight stays.
- Plans and manages Tivity Health fitness programs field-based events.
- Collaborates with Client Relations/Account Management, Marketing, and Provider Networks teams to ensure alignment of events with client needs and Tivity Health business interests.
- Develops budgets and ensures adherence to budget for internal and external events.
- Selects venues and service providers; negotiates service contracts and pricing.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Identifies clear objectives and success measures for events.
- Contributes to the creation, development and maintenance of department standard operating processes and procedures.
- Collaborates with Events Coordinators to develop and retrieve reports generated from events management software. Analyzes data/metric information.
- Assesses results and provides event summary documentation for events.
- Position requires approximately 25% (5-6 days/month) travel.
- 2+ years of college required. Bachelor’s degree or additional equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in project support, event planning/management or other related experience
- Strong project coordination, decision making, and critical thinking skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time/projects effectively
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency using all MS Office (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint) products, CRM Database software and MS Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Self-starter, proactive, and able to accomplish goals with little supervision
- Team player with strong customer service skills