Company Name: Citi
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Colleague and Client Services organization provides client-facing and internal support services that are strategically aligned with Citi’s business requirements. Departments include Global Event Marketing, Global Hospitality Services, the Citi Alumni Network, Citi’s Center for Culture, Marketing Technology and Product Services.
This role is part of the Global Event Marketing team, comprised of event managers who work across regions and businesses to create, plan and execute meetings and events that achieve business goals while optimizing expenses, based on the strategy and content determined by the business. Global Event Marketing manages live in-person events, virtual events and hybrid events.
This role specifically is within the Global Event Marketing Corporate team, which provides event marketing for Citi’s senior management, including coordination of executive travel and special projects. The position will report to the Director of the Global Event Marketing Corporate department.
- Provides event marketing services to Citi’s corporate businesses and senior management.
- Executes the event marketing needs of Citi businesses, leveraging their resources and knowledge and thus creating efficiencies for Citi.
- Develops creative solutions and approaches to producing events that meet marketing requirements of business or division units while leveraging and maintaining the marketing, branding and financial goals of the firm.
- Works with internal client contacts to develop event marketing project objectives and strategies, program content, logistics, and methods to evaluate overall event value to the business.
- Manages all components of project budget and final reconciliation.
- Collaborates with internal website programmers to manage online, registration and client data.
- Interfaces with senior executive management.
- Works with internal client contact as well as event marketing support team to manage and oversee the design elements of marketing material associated with programs including event website, save the dates, invitations.
- Manages vendor relationships and drives superior results; timelines must possess negotiation skills.
- Oversees pre-event details including site selection, contract negotiation, cost analysis, group activities, staging, and food and beverage services.
- Manages all logistical details pertaining to event presenters; audio visual requirements, travel, accommodations and on-site logistics, and coordination of materials.
- Provides detailed communication to venues; logistics, event resumes, billing instructions, rooming list, and attendee manifests.
- Develops and reviews all logistical materials to be distributed to participants on-site; welcome letters, departure notices, seating cards, etc.
- Manages and directs program details, including suite, meeting room set-up, audio visual, registration/hospitality, food functions, on-site staff, speaker coordination and transportation.
- Supervises on-site staff in all facets of event execution.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in Event Marketing or Hospitality Industry
- Proven client relationship management skills with proven success in being customer-focused.
- Excellent time management skills to handle projects that have long and short lead times.
- Flexibility in work hours, when necessary and flexible travel schedule
- Demonstrated communication skills with Analytical, problem solving and reporting experience
- High level of computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Collaborative “team player” orientation with a regional cultural awareness.
- Knowledge of event trends that affect financial services industry and conference centers; read financial and marketing publications, keep current on cultural and sporting events and restaurant reviews to ensure ideas are innovative.
- Bachelor’s/University degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.