Company Name: Bloomberg LP
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, informs important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we’re known for.
At Bloomberg, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You’ll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients — and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver integrated and disruptive multi-disciplinary programs that capture attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
With the explosion of virtual events that’s currently disrupting the status quo, we’re looking towards the future for Bloomberg events. We envision a new normal where virtual and hybrid events fuse together with our established/ever-evolving in-person events business to create a multi-dimensional portfolios of events that open new avenues to connect, convene, engage, inspire, enable and empower our clients, prospects and employees. To help us set the path to this future, we’re looking for a data- and experience-driven Event Marketing Strategist to join our newly created Experience Strategy & Design team. This center of excellence – part think tank, part internal event agency — brings together a talented group of seasoned event marketers to hone in on specialized areas of the experiential marketing equation. This is not an event management role, but the right candidate appreciates the symbiotic relationship between strategy/experience and execution, and can fluidly contribute to and work within either area. This role has global responsibilities, and is based in New York, reporting to the head of the Experience Strategy & Design team.
We will trust you to:
- Possess multi-disciplinary events experience in the areas of strategy, marketing, attendee experience, and content/programming; you have a working knowledge of event management
- Be able to move seamlessly between B2B/B2C/B2E events and experiences
- Bring with you industry expertise; financial services is preferred; tech and/or media a value-add
- You understand Bloomberg’s primary audience, the buy side and sell side, and what makes them tick; you know the players, what they care about, and how to connect with them
- Lead the development of an in-house speaker bureau; maintain a speaker database; recruit and coordinate speakers on specific events; talent/booker experience is a big plus
- Be just as comfortable and successful working independently with little direction, as you are working in collaboration with a small direct team or a broad matrixed, multi-functional team
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor who can eloquently and persuasively articulate event strategies and experience designs to the global event team, our marketing peers and business stakeholders.
- Partner with regional Event Management teams on ideation, consultations, solution design, projects and events.
- Partner with the Global Event Programs team on data capture, tracking and analysis relating to our event content and speaker databases
- Partner with the Event Marketing Technology Strategist to advocate for expected experiences across the suite of technical offerings and platforms
- Become one of our go-to experiential thought leaders on existing and emerging industry, marketing and event trends…insights and analysis that can inform the attendee experience.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related subjects preferred
- Event marketing, or generalist marketing experience; brand or agency-side
- Dedication to achieving time sensitive goals/milestones
- Proven track record of being a creative thinker, strategic thinker, analytic thinker, and hands-on doer
- Strong communication skills and calm approach that fosters collaboration across regions and teams
- Insatiable curiosity; a natural ability to imagine and visualize what could be… and the discipline and know-how to figure out how to transform an idea into reality
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to influence others and build consensus across diverse individual skills and styles
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment
- Articulate, polished and able to present to all levels of management
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional and matrixed organization
- Knowledge of Customer/Attendee Journey Mapping and Experience Design
- Familiarity with current privacy and compliance requirements related to consumer/personal data (e.g., CCPA, CSTL, GDPR)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status