Company Name: Citi
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The candidate will provide event marketing administrative support services supporting the Global Event Marketing Corporate department. Responsibilities include assisting event marketing project managers with managing day-to-day project logistics and in-person, virtual and hybrid meeting and event execution for both internal and external clients, administrative tasks such as event close out administration, and coordination of executive travel and special projects. The position will report to the Director of the Global Event Marketing Corporate department.
The Event Mkt Project Coordinator is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- Independently plans company meetings and events (Onsite and Off-site)
- Integrates event planning and trade show industry knowledge to planning company sponsored events
- Independently Coordinates Site Hotel selection process
- Negotiates with site hotel management on costs
- Uses judgment in recommending potential event sites with management
- Develops and Manages Budgets and approve costs
- Independently confers with publications & promotion department to develop special print items needed for each event
- Manages all Travel Plans, hotel accommodations, and airline reservations associated with events.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of Project Management and Event Planning experience required.Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum 4+ years in finance, event marketing and/or hospitality industry experience Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment. Capability to work virtually and with a global team in multiple time zones. Excellent time management skills to handle projects that have long and short lead times.
- Demonstrated communication skills with Analytical, problem solving and reporting experience High level of computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Collaborative “team player” orientation with a regional cultural awareness. Flexibility in work hours. Knowledge of event trends that affect financial services industry and conference centers; read financial and marketing publications, keep current on cultural and sporting events and restaurant reviews to ensure ideas are innovative
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.