Company Name: Covetrus
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Type: Full Time
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
Covetrus is seeking a n Event Marketing Planner to support customer engagement campaigns across a variety of channels including trade shows, sponsorships, and virtual events . This position will report into the Senior Manager, Event Marketing and be responsible for contracting, managing, and reporting on all of trade shows nationwide.
The company participates in approximately 250 trade shows annually. This role will work closely with event managers , contracted third party suppliers and internal sales teams to produce best-in-class event marketing activations.
- Manage internal tradeshow request submissions and obtain senior manager approval.
- Support regional events during the planning, execution, and post-show reporting stages – both in-person and virtual events.
- Collaborate with field sales teams to solidify activation plans for regional events.
- Develop event production schedules for onsite event staff.
- Negotiate Trade Show sponsorships and booth placements and identify additional opportunities for added brand exposure.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with tradeshow management to assist with contract negotiations.
- Research and identify new trade show opportunities and present them to senior management.
- Maintain internal meeting , trade show , and virtual event /webinar calendars.
- Manage registration, travel, and housing arrangements for internal team members.
- Manage third-party vendors , responsible for asset inventory management , and shipping logistics.
- Process and track all event related expenses/invoices and assist with monthly financial reconciliations.
- Support regional event reporting , capture key learnings/ recommendations, and analyze the results to determine success.
- Collaborate with Marketing Category Managers , Creative, Demand Generation, CRM, and Sales to ideate, implement and test innovative customer engagement tactics that help to exceed segment priorities and goals.
- Interview, select and manage temporary event staff.
- Support internal events like our National Sales Conference as needed.
- Support other experiential marketing efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Focus in Business, Marketing, or Management preferred .
- 2 -5 years marketing , client service or project management experience. Corporate e vent management or trade show experience is a plus.
Competencies (Skills And Abilities)
- Project management experience
- Experience with event metric tracking
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a group dynamic
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment.
- Extensive computer use.
- Business travel up to 10%
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for several hours as needed at events
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.