Company Name: VMware
Location: Palo Alto, CA (remote)
Type: Full Time
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for modern applications for the world’s largest companies, VMware Tanzu is actively seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Event Marketing Planner to manage the execution of in-person and virtual events. This position will lead a variety of Tanzu-led experiences, manage third-party sponsorships, and support global events and major conferences such as SpringOne (the largest Java Spring user conference). Additionally, the role will require advanced collaboration skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal teams, including brand and design, demand-gen, social media, field marketing, and product marketing – among others.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- The primary objective of this position is to support the team with SpringOne and DevOps Loop at VMworld event logistics, onsite and virtual components. As well as, support developer third-party event sponsorships.
- The first 3-6 months in this role you will focus on making connections within the marketing and business organization(s). Understand business, product and marketing OKRs. And, execute third-party sponsor events from beginning to end.
- By the end of one year you will be expected to identify key marketing personas and be fully integrated into major conferences, SpringOne and DevOps Loop at VMworld.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Conceptualizing, planning, coordinating, and executing multiple end-to-end live and virtual events on schedule, within budget, and with excellent attention to detail.
- Researching, evaluating, and developing actionable and measurable event marketing strategies for upcoming company-led events and third-party sponsorships.
- Supporting event production, thought leadership programming, and design of attendee experiences for our two annual conferences, SpringOne and DevOps Loop at VMworld.
- Designing and overseeing all promotional activities before, during, and after campaigns in close partnership with cross-functional teams (brand and design, demand gen, social media, and field marketing).
- Coordinating with external vendors and agencies.
- Tracking all activities and assessing outcomes against metrics to gauge event/campaign effectiveness.
- Traveling to and staffing onsite events domestically and internationally.
About You (Qualifications)
- 5+ years of events marketing experience in a technology environment; delivering live and virtual event programs
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellenceCreative, extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Familiarity using Salesforce, Marketo, Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Willingness to travel throughout North America and internationally as needed to support domestic and global events
- Event marketing/panning, field marketing or production agency experience
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The manager for this position is Jamie De Martini. Jamie brings more than a decade of experience in event production and marketing. She came to VMware Tanzu through the Pivotal acquisition in 2020 where she was running third-party event sponsorships, multi-city roadshows, executive experiences and SpringOne – VMware’s marquee user conference. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jamie worked as a Production Coordinator for Invision, a leading event production and creative agency, where she worked with a variety of major technology companies.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the U.S
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will be required to have their final vaccination dose (e.g., second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or single dose of J&J) by January 4, 2022. Specifically, this means that all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Events Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-12-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.