Company Name: Vertiv
Location: Westerville, OH
Type: Full Time
The Marketing Event Manager is a high-profile position, working with multiple lines of business in the Americas and collaborating with diverse stakeholders as the event lead. This person will flawlessly execute Vertiv events of all size and shape. The successful candidate will manage all stages of event planning, from researching and identifying trade show opportunities to execution, promotion, and results analysis. The Event Manager will be adept at multitasking, will be self-motivated, energetic and display grace under pressure while effectively executing a comprehensive event calendar.
- Event Identification. Identify relevant tradeshow and conference opportunities that will further Vertiv’s objectives (including, demand generation, customer experience, and employee engagement.
- Event Logistics & Administration. Oversee contract negotiation, budget management and administration, vendor management. Event Experience. Booth selection, design, and overall event experience including entertainment,
- Event communications. including pre and post marketing including email, social media,
- Vertiv Events. Own the planning, execution and results for all Vertiv-owned events including leadership conferences, National Sales Meetings, investor’s conferences, and any other format
- Collaborate with Internal & External Stakeholders. You will collaborate with lines of business, global marketing, PR teams to develop integrated product & communications plans; collaborate with vendors and event venue, and third-party event planners, as needed.
- Analyze and Assess. Complete post show analysis to evaluate event performance, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for future events.
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience level, knowledge, skills, designations/certifications).
- Bachelor of Communications, Public Relations or Advertising, or Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent work experience.
- Fully bilingual Spanish – English is a must.
- 5+ years of related experience in event management
- Strong knowledge of business-to-business marketing concepts, tools and practices and BTL
- Ability to execute multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Work independently on projects or collaborate with a regional team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
- Project Management Training
- Experience with events management and planning software
- CTSM – Certified Trade Show Marketer, CMP – Certified Meeting Professional is a plus
- Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus
- Knowledge of Wrike tool is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle tool is a plus – this because the PO creation and all the expense reports that would need to create
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Managing Change
- Analysis, Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- Drive and Sense of Urgency
- Achieving Outcomes and Optimizing Processes, Procedures and Practices
Position Eligibility Requirements
- Up to 35% travel across Americas
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv’s Values and Behaviors:
- Acting Like an Owner
- Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
- Being passionate about your work
- Challenging yourself in personal development
- Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
- Assisting others to be successful as a team
- Owning our own mistakes quickly
- Talking with people and NOT about them
- Creating a culture where people can be their best
- Be self-aware and learn
- Embrace the customer experience
- Think and act broadly
- Drive change and innovation
- Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
- Foster collaborative relationships
- Take intelligent risks
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability.