Company Name: Verily Life Sciences
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives.
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities. We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs include Project Baseline – our research initiative to increase participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo – our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug – our effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining machine learning with sterile insect technique. We’re also actively working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like Healthy at Work.
Verily is seeking a seasoned Marketing Events Manager with a passion for both online and offline events, expertise in production, logistics, vendor management, and content creation for corporate conferences, experiences and engagements. You are creative and solution-oriented, have a deep familiarity with the technology and healthcare industries, and understand how to excite and inform diverse audiences through different marketing strategies and channels.
You will be responsible for producing high quality events for Verily across our three business units: health platforms, life sciences and medical devices. You will develop compelling themes and event plans that combine speakerships, social meetings, business development activities, booths and more to drive brand awareness and lead generation, partnering closely with Communications, Product Marketing, Sales and more.
- Author and implement an annual Corporate Events Strategy, aligned with our company milestones and corporate marketing strategy.
- Manage end-to-end production and logistics for marquee events throughout the year, and provide strategic and tactical guidance to business unit marketers to support smaller scale events.
- Manage integrated team to execute successful events, including vendors and agencies where applicable, internal and customer/partner teams, and collaborate with communications team on speakerships.
- Develop meaningful event goals and expectations among key stakeholders; curate wonderful experiences for Verily audiences, including employees, investors, customers, partners and media across trade shows, conferences, Customer Advisory Boards, and executive roundtables.
- Monitor and measure the ROI of local campaigns and events, and evaluate results in relation to milestones.
- BA/BS degree.
- 5+ years in Marketing Event Management and Production.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple key stakeholders and complex, detail-rich project scopes.
- Solid understanding of the technology, healthcare and life sciences industries.
- Ability to work independently and to proactively drive projects to completion.
- Proven communicator – excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player who can work calmly and quickly in high-intensity environments.
- Comfortable with and have the ability to travel across the US, post-COVID-19. Estimated 20% travel.