Company Name: Valassis Digital
Location: Morrisville, NC
Type: Full Time
The Valassis Digital marketing department is looking for a
motivated professional to join our team as an Event Marketing Manager.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for managing a select
group of Valassis Digital’s extensive industry and corporate event
activities. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive
attitude, an eye for detail, the ability to effectively communicate to a
variety of internal and external audiences and an effective project
- Plan and manage events, including coordination and execution of traditional promotional events sponsorships.
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs. 15%
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and sponsor contacts to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service.
- Work closely with marketing team on sponsorship arrangements and key initiatives within the organization.
- Determine fiscal requirements and manage event budget including the collection of receipts and all surrounding documents.
- Coordinate event environment (signage, branding etc.) and manage the execution of events onsite.
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events.
- Troubleshoot and smooth issues related to the successful execution of the event program.
- Provide post event analysis, budget recaps, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans.
- Ensure our event presence is on strategy and consistent.
- Conduct research and identify new event opportunities for the company.
- Source and manage promotional items for key marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- 3-5 years Relevant Experience (Required)
- Experience working with a technology company (Preferred)
Certifications & Licensures
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: (Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), CSEP)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to develop strong networks and build credibility within the organization.
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as flexibility with similar alternative programs.
- Ability to process a vast amount of information and understand and prioritize competing business needs.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals.
- Proven ability to take direction and input in order to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve organizational goals.
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic.
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency
- Highly organized self-starter.
- Willingness to travel to industry and company-sponsored events (approximately 25+% travel)
Who We Are
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and online and offline targeting capabilities that fuel superior display advertising and media offerings. Through proprietary technology and the Valassis Digital Consumer Graph™, we power the lifecycle of marketing campaigns – from planning to activation and measurement. In fact, 19 of 20 leading brands work with Valassis Digital to drive better campaign performance.