Company Name: Udemy
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Event Marketing Manager to join our team to lead both virtual and in-person events (pending COVID-19 restrictions). This person will oversee all aspects of event management for a specific portfolio of events from ideation to execution including promotion, content and program development and production, all with the goal of educating, inspiring and influencing business leaders to upskill their workforce with Udemy for Business.
The ideal candidate has experience in marketing B2B products and solutions and events and knowledge of campaign development and execution. A primary function of this role is to package and promote our ever-growing portfolio of event types.
The person in this role will be crucial to elevating our brand in key markets across AMER and enabling our global teams to be successful events in-region from our global event portfolio. The ideal candidate for this role will be a leader who can successfully partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams at Udemy to create industry-leading events. This person must be focused on producing world-class events at scale that deliver real business results in the form of lead, opportunity and pipeline generation. Attention to detail, communication skills, and comfort with ambiguity are a must.
We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role is critical to ensuring we continue to rapidly scale the business. This is a full-time position and will be based in our San Francisco office.
- Build and manage a unified event marketing strategy for a specific portfolio of events for global implementation and AMER execution including, coordinating all aspects of events from content to execution details
- Ensure that our events strategy and plan encompasses awareness, education, impact and evangelism across Udemy’s prospect and customer base
- Establish and proactively manage the events budget to test and learn what works; evaluate performance against key metrics and generate learnings for improvement
- Drive revenue and pipeline across our target buyer segment; contribute to our quarterly marketing goals
- Build strong and meaningful relationships with L&D leaders and Tech leaders at key target companies and key vendors that serve our audience
- Work across the marketing lifecycle to ensure events are integrated into the overall marketing strategy, tagged for tracking and analytics purposes and evaluated on a regular basis for performance
- Source and manage vendor and agency relationships as it pertains to event planning and execution: vendors, venues, booth partners, design, video and more
- Play a key role in Udemy’s annual flagship events including: content development and event programming, speaking management and communications, enablement and production and execution
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment including registration metrics, MQLs, pipeline and funnel conversion and ROI analysis along with recommendations for future event improvements and drive and deliver best practice documents
- Comfortable with and have the ability to travel across the US and internationally, post-COVID-19 pandemic. Estimated 30% travel.
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of marketing experience, working directly with Sales and Customer Success
- 2+ years of experiences in B2B event marketing
- A strategic marketer with experience working cross functionally in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Experience planning and executing multiple events at one time
- Successful at prioritizing across multiple events and marketing initiatives, managing competing priorities, and delegating effectively
- Experience managing and negotiating vendor contracts
- Confident and understands how to work with and influence executives both internally and externally
- Data-oriented marketing leader who is able to define key success metrics and is able to drive towards those metrics as part of the larger events strategy
- Strong track record of collaborating and partnership with Sales and Customer Success and Marketing teams to align event strategy alongside business objectives and drive demand and registration for events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, consistently demonstrating a high degree of professionalism. Able to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing budgets and establishing measurable objectives and success criteria, including pre-event promotions, post-mortems, and ROI analysis.
- A strong bias towards action, an innate sense of urgency
- Excellent eye for and attention to detail
- Creative flair to bring fresh ideas into marketing campaigns and events
- Strong copywriting skills for marketing promotions and sales enablement
- Experience using Salesforce/CRM, Marketo, Google Suite, Eventbrite, and one or more virtual event platforms