Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Trade Show Manager to support in-person and virtual industry tradeshows globally. This role is an integral part of the Global Events Marketing team and is responsible for planning and executing third-party events end to end, primarily the AWS customer experience at tradeshows with a goal of increased awareness of AWS products and services and customer acquisition/activation. Some of the shows supported by this role include NRF (National Retail Federation), Mobile World Congress, HIMSS, CES, and SIBOS.
Your daily responsibility as an individual contributor and virtual trade show and in-person event expert will include: working closely with industry, product and solutions marketing managers to identify goals, content, promotion strategy, customer experience mapping, agency management, speaker management, budget management, and this role has a heavy logistics management component with agency support. You will utilize exceptional project management skills deliver events in line with overall program strategy, serve as a communication leader, and drive customer acquisition/retention efforts through lead and data capture reporting. Your role will be to ensure all stakeholders, vendors, agencies and show managers are working together to deliver a high-quality event with maximized ROI.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful tradeshows and events in both the virtual and in-person environments, have experience in digital marketing, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as familiarity with Marketing Automation or CRM tools such as Marketo, Tableau, SalesForce.com or others.
This position must be located in New York or Seattle. Relocation offered to these areas only.
- Travel: This role travels up to 25-35% of its time, including internationally.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, including weekends and stays up to a week to attend highly strategic events, or to spot-check vendor execution, and ensure AWS processes are being adhered to onsite at trade shows.
- 5 + years experience supporting trade shows in the areas of: Cloud, Big Data, Storage, Database or other technologies and industries end to end.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, specifically high-tech products/services.
- 5+ years experience in managing both trade show programs and agency relations.
- 5+ years experience using SFDC or other CRM platforms.
- Motivated self-starter with a bias for action and who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business.
- Proven success in executing multiple events simultaneously and using both internal and external resources.
- Strong project management skills, analytical ability, both creative and strategic thinking.
- Excels at cross-group collaboration, communication and problem solving.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.