Company Name: The Sage Group
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Type: Full Time
The Sage Group is seeking an Event Marketing Manager for our client, an American cloud computing and virtualization technology company with headquarters in California. If you have 5+ years professional work experience in B2B technology marketing event planning; including experience working with Developer audiences (a MUST), please apply!
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for modern applications for the world’s largest companies, we are actively seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Event Marketing Planner to support in the execution of in-person and virtual events.
This position will support a variety of experiences, primarily managing global third-party sponsorships. Additionally, the role will require collaboration skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal teams, including brand and design, demand-gen, social media, field marketing, and product marketing – among others.
- The primary objective of this position is to support the team with third-party event sponsorships.
- The first 3-6 months in this role you will focus on making connections within the marketing and business organization(s). Understand business, product and marketing OKRs. And, execute third-party sponsor events from beginning to end.
- By the end of one year you will be expected to identify key marketing personas and be fully integrated into major conferences..
- Coordinating and executing multiple end-to-end live and virtual events on schedule, within budget, and with excellent attention to detail.
- Supporting measurable event marketing strategies for upcoming company-led events and third-party sponsorships.
- Supporting event production, thought leadership programming, and design of attendee experiences for our two annual conferences.
- Designing and overseeing all promotional activities before, during, and after campaigns in close partnership with cross-functional teams (brand and design, demand gen, social media, and field marketing).
- Coordinating with external vendors and agencies.
- Tracking all activities and assessing outcomes against metrics to gauge event/campaign effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience.
- 5+ years professional work experience in B2B technology marketing event planning; experience working with Developer audiences is a MUST.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding project management skills and experience, including handling multiple cross-functional internal stakeholders, partners, and events vendors.
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellence, creative, extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Willingness to try new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout North America and internationally as needed to support domestic and global events.