Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Are you looking for a role that challenges both your creative skills as well as your analytical abilities? AWS Training and Certification (T&C) is seeking a smart, talented, and experienced events marketing manager to build marketing programs that drive awareness, engagement, and adoption of training and certification programs through both virtual and in person events.
As an Event Marketing Manager, you will drive the program management of AWS Training and Certification global events. In this role you will develop, market, and execute events targeting IT decision-makers, as well as learners interested in building and validating their cloud skills. You will work closely with stakeholders across AWS and Training and Certification to set direction and coordinated the local execution of these activities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Event Manager, to join our T&C Global Events team! This position can be fully virtual or sit in one of our major physical locations (e.g. Seattle, WA).
You will be a detail-oriented planner with the demonstrated ability to communicate and respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility and composure under pressure. You will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, and team oriented, with an ability to deliver results through influence. You will have a proven track record at taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Developing and executing the end-to-end plans for virtual, in person, and key components of field-led event programs and large scale events.
- Defining the goals of each program component, manage the budget and timeline, and oversee a variety of vendors and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience.
- Providing detailed and clear ROI reports on events and activities associated with executed programs.
- Utilizing exceptional communication skills to collaborate across AWS, Training and certification and marketing on event intake briefs, plans, and post-event debriefs
- 5+ years of events marketing experience in a technology environment; delivering on live and virtual event programs (500+ attendees) that align to the customer journey and field sales goals
- 5+ years facilitating cross-functional interactions to create, plan, and execute events
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects with different priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing deliverables in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to handling any challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot any problems that should arise on the event day
- Collaborative attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Passion for building global programs and processes
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.