Company Name: Sonar
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
Join our fast-growing Marketing Team that is on a mission to share the power of Clean Code! We are looking for an Event Manager to help us grow our events team and presence. We are looking for someone passionate about creating best-in-class experiences at 3rd party events.
As an Events Manager in the Marketing Team, you will be responsible for cross-functional collaboration to bring the event go-to-market plan to life. The goal is to elevate and ensure the full event experience is set up for success when it comes to preparation, execution, brand presence, and post-event.
On a daily basis, you will
- Establish and manage the event calendar and project timelines
- Handle the planning, production, and execution of 3rd party events in the US, from large events (BlackHat, Pycon, JavaOne) to small, developer-focused user groups & language-specific events
- Drive events sourcing, event promotion, follow-up, and reporting with the support and organization of cross-functional teams
- Make sure we deliver a high-quality event, by working closely with Product Managers, PMM, Sales, and Design on content creation, collateral, signage, travel arrangements, and staffing
- Identify strategic and relevant events that would align with our mission
The skills you will demonstrate
- 3+ years of proven success & experience in Event Marketing Execution
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products is a strong plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and events running concurrently throughout the year
- Strong problem-solving mindset, managing time effectively
- Self-starter and autonomous in driving a task from the idea to the result
- Ability to adapt communication and presentation to a variety of audiences
- Availability to travel to events
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture – we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours – we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people – we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance – keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning – in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we’re happy to help our team to acquire them.