Company Name: Schneider Electric
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full Time
The Experience Marketing Manager is responsible for the successful end-to-end management, planning, coordination & execution of event including 3rd party, owned and internal events, with a specific focus on our global signature external-facing experience Innovation Summit. We operate under the philosophy that people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel. The core responsibility will be to deliver meaningful, inspirational, and personalized touchpoints to our audience, ensuring brand association is created.
We’re looking for an innovative and effective individual with growth mindset – a quick learner and rapid adopter with outstanding communication and project management skills, willingness to work hard as well as possess track record of experience in event marketing and event management including customer events, tradeshows and conferences.
As a key role in the Global Marketing organization and the Experience Marketing team you must be able to focus on the business side of events, be an operational leader, effectively collaborate with internal peers, steer project teams, lead external vendors, manage processes and budgets and balance attention to detail with delivering on the big picture. Additionally, excellent English skills are required as well as the willingness for travel as needed/appropriate for event preparation/planning and execution.
For the Innovation Summit event program, you will be responsible for building and leading the project team executing the Innovation Summit World Tour inclusive of our globally led Innovation Summit (physical, digital or hybrid) and structuring the program for consistent execution in local and regional Innovation Summits, including consulting on event structure, alignment to guidelines, agency selection, agenda, branding etc.
In addition, you will also contribute to transversal projects related to Experience Marketing and/or provide coaching to countries/businesses teams organizing similar events.
- Drive the ideation, development, and production of engaging event formats (in-person, virtual and hybrid)
- Collaborate with business leaders across the company to translate business needs into unique event experiences and corresponding event campaign tactics, work with the broader local/regional marcom and sales teams to ensure consistent approach across all channels
- Plan, coordinate, manage and deliver events pre, during and post on time, within budget, that meet (or exceed) expectations
- Implement and extend tactics for pre- and post-event engagement to enhance customer experience and to increase content longevity & business impact
- Deliver all work with the clear goal to delight customers and internal partners, driving and measuring its impact
- Manage external agencies and vendors, liaison between production staff and technical staff (internal or external)
- Bring global events guideline, best practices and recommendation to local relevance
- Monitor effectiveness of approach, assets, team and make recommendations for future enhancements.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to your immediate peers
- Anticipate risks and proposing alternative solutions
- Travel to on-site inspections and events
Qualifications – External
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Solid related event marketing management experience & conference organization including managing projects remotely
- Expertise to drive successful corporate events with the highest level of operational excellence and a customer centric attitude
- A conceptual thinker with a keen business sense and deep understanding of attendee engagement and motivators
- Curious about what the “future of events” could look like, and able to adopt new technics and technologies for both physical, digital and hybrid events
- Leadership and strong collaborator, and the ability to start with a big idea and move it through project completion
- Outstanding project management skills and experienced to prioritize effectively
- Experience in driving, managing and motivating cross-functional teams
- International stakeholder management experience, including executive management and proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced matrix environments
- Problem analysis and problem resolution with strong attention to detail, ability to work under high pressure and with a high degree of independency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and productivity tools (Teams, Planner)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent negotiation skills
- English proficiency (additional language desirable, such as German or French)
EDUCATION—MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.)
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience from Schneider Electric and or related companies
- Experience from managing, leading, execution of events.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.