Company Name: Podium
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
We are looking for an Event Marketing Manager to join our events team, which is responsible for a high volume of in-person trade shows throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have experience managing large volumes of shows in parallel, and deliver pre – during – and post-show plans to drive brand awareness, pipeline, and revenue. The role will require you to work closely with our sales and partnership teams – things need to be planned meticulously, with great attention to detail. The ability to travel is essential.
What You’ll Do
- Research, recommend, and manage marketing-related events and trade shows.
- Own assigned trade shows and events: work with internal teams to develop and implement event marketing strategy.
- Perform event manager duties, including researching events, pre and post-event marketing, booking and setting up for events, arranging travel, overseeing trade show inventory and booth assets, and all other trade show and event logistics.
- Help track, measure, and report metrics across event marketing efforts.
- Represent Podium at trade shows and other activities as needed. (Note: Candidates must be willing and able to work outside of normal business hours.)
In order to succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of trade show and event marketing experience
- Experience in B2B high growth tech company environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, especially amongst key executives and stakeholders
- Experience negotiating contracts and handling complex budgets
- Proven track record of successful event planning and execution
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision, strong decision-making abilities, and attention to detail under tight deadlines
- Excellent project management and organization skills (Asana knowledge helpful)
- Familiarity with CRM systems is a plus
- Owner mentality; willing to jump in and help with special projects
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Open and transparent culture – Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.