Company Name: Passport
Location: USA (remote)
Type: Full Time
As the Event Marketing Manager at Passport you will play a critical role in positioning the Passport brand across national and international events. You are an event management ninja that is not afraid of a challenge and never misses a deadline. You have an arsenal of creative ideas and stay on top of the latest trends to make events fun and effective while staying within budget. Passport is known for constantly pushing the envelope and being the most innovative company at events. We have dressed up as astronauts for a ‘Mars white label app’ booth theme. We’ve had race car tracks & roulette tables in our booths & once threw a LaLa Land-themed party with live music. Are you ready to help us win the next award for best exhibitor and make a mark in the industry?
– Create and manage annual event plan
- Research & select annual events and sponsorships
- Create & maintain annual budget
- Define goals and timelines
– Manage & implement internal and external events
- Coordinate event logistics from concept to execution for internal events such as the annual sales meeting and bi-annual thought leadership conference as well as external events such as industry conferences, trade shows and webinars.
- Site research & contracting
- Manage all vendors/suppliers
- Gather/present competitive intelligence
- Content curation
- Speaker management
- Staff training and management
- Event metrics
- Attend large events to oversee onsite execution & staffing
– Oversee Passport’s event asset management program
- Manage vendor relationships, rates, contracts
- Maintain inventory and ingress/egress of show assets and swag
– Manage Passport’s industry association memberships
- Research & determine membership/partnership opportunities
- Negotiate membership terms and benefits
- Manage active employee memberships
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about events and people, and you thrive in the entire events process (conception through execution)
- You are extremely organized and detail-oriented – you let nothing slip through the cracks
- You have a constant drive for creativity and innovation; you always come up with cool ideas to drive audience engagement at events
- You get enjoyment from helping sales team drive more leads through events and sponsorships
- You crush it at keeping track of expenses and staying within budget
- You are a master negotiator who will relentlessly find ways to maximize Passport’s budget
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business or relevant field or relevant experience
- 7+ years experience organizing large and small scale events
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Proven aptitude for creative thinking and attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with graphic design software and contract negotiation are a plus
Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Passport is a transportation software and payments company that builds technology to more efficiently manage streets and sidewalks. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport is trusted by more than 800 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles, and Miami. Passport’s digital platform helps cities manage parking and mobility infrastructure, creating more livable, equitable communities. One of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists, Passport was also named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2020.
Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Capital.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.