Company Name: VMware
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Type: Full Time
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for modern applications for the world’s largest companies, VMware Tanzu is actively seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Event Marketing Planner to support in the execution of in-person and virtual events. This position will support a variety of Tanzu-led experiences, manage global third-party sponsorships, and aspects of major conferences such as SpringOne. Additionally, the role will require collaboration skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal teams, including brand and design, demand-gen, social media, field marketing, and product marketing – among others.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- The primary objective of this position is to support the team with first party event logistics, onsite and virtual components. As well as, manage third-party event sponsorships.
- The first 3-6 months in this role you will focus on making connections within the marketing and business organization(s). Understand business, product and marketing OKRs. And, execute third-party sponsor events from beginning to end.
- By the end of one year you will be expected to identify key marketing personas and be fully integrated into major conferences.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Supporting event production, thought leadership programming, and design of attendee experiences for our annual conferences and leading the SpringOne sponsorship program.
- Coordinating and executing multiple end-to-end live and virtual events on schedule, within budget, and with excellent attention to detail.
- Supporting measurable event marketing strategies for upcoming company-led events and third-party sponsorships.
- Designing and overseeing all promotional activities before, during, and after campaigns in close partnership with cross-functional teams (brand and design, demand gen, social media, and field marketing).
- Coordinating with external vendors and agencies.
- Tracking all activities and assessing outcomes against metrics to gauge event/campaign effectiveness.
About You (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience.
- 5+ years professional work experience in technology marketing and/or event planning.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding project management skills and experience, including handling multiple cross-functional internal stakeholders, partners, and events vendors.
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellence, creative, extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Willingness to try new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout North America and internationally as needed to support domestic and global events.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.