Company Name: Middesk
Location: New York, United States
Type: Full Time
Event Marketing has proven it’s a great investment for the Middesk GTM team and we’re looking for someone organized and passionate about creating delightful experiences to join our results-driven team! In this role you’ll work with functions across the GTM org to generate awareness, develop pipeline, help convert our pipeline to paying customers, and nurture existing customers by leveraging the full arsenal of event and activation types — in-person and digital, first and third-party events, as a starting point.
What You’ll Do
- Developing a strategic event calendar (in-person and digital, first and third-party) in line with upcoming marketing campaigns and pipeline goals
- Developing, executing on, and communicating out event workback plans
- Kicking-off cross-functional team involvement, partnering with Sales, Account Management, Partnerships, Design, Product Marketing, and Content
- Managing the promotion plan for each event including landing pages, email marketing, and social
- Managing contractor relationships including event production firms and outside vendors
- Managing asset production for each event
- Supporting content and speaker logistics
- Managing post-event follow-ups, including the SDR follow-up process, retros, and measuring ROI via Hubspot/Salesforce
- Managing our overall event budget
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years (2+ years of that in B2B) of event marketing experience: You have designed and executed on first and third-party in-person events like conferences, trade shows, happy hours, and executive dinners in addition to digital events like webinars.
- Strong project management skills: You can manage and multi-task on multiple projects and events while liaising across internal teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Great communicator: You are great at building relationships, particularly Sales, Account Management, Partnerships, Design, Product Marketing, and Content. You can keep everyone on the same page with clear and ongoing communication.
- Test and learn: You like to test and try different event formats including conferences, trade shows, webinars, workshops, and more. You can identify and then scale the top-performing campaigns.
- Outcome responsibility: You have previously been involved in budgeting for event marketing. You are comfortable with full funnel analytics, and have exceeded the performance expectation of the budget.
- Agency/contractor management: You’ve managed contractor relationships including event production firms and outside vendors.
- Marketing systems: You’ve mastered standard marketing automation, email tools, and event tools (such as Zoom, Hopin, etc). Hubspot and Salesforce experience is a big plus.
- Experience in financial services or fintech (financial technology: technology used to support or enable banking and financial services)
- Experience with Salesforce
Our operating principles
- Customer First: We stay energized by solving real customer problems and make each interaction meaningful and embrace the challenging path to help our customers succeed.
- Be an owner: We identify and tackle problems, take pride in our work, and measure impact. When we find an opportunity to improve the status quo, take it on!
- Act with urgency and purpose: We move quickly and simplify things as we go. We solve the problems that we have today in ways that allow us to move even faster in the future.
- Drive results together: We choose teamwork. We share our opinions, ask questions, understand where others are coming from, and move forward as a unified front.
- Embrace the journey: We dream big and are open to taking risks. Innovation happens through optimism, positivity, rigorous thinking, and hard work.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. As an equal opportunity employer; we’re committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.