Company Name: Amazon
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
We are looking for an Event Manager with exceptional experiential marketing and project management skills to support events worldwide within the advertising team at Amazon. This is an opportunity for a dynamic, driven event marketer to join our global events team to concept and build programs and execute events that enable our worldwide sales teams and brand marketing strategies. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and make a significant contribution to build world-class activations for our advertising customers. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative and driven to deliver high-quality customer-facing events. You should be dedicated to continually testing, measuring, and evolving your event programs.
In this role, you will join an event team to support sales enablement events supporting the international sales teams covering Mexico, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands, and more. The role will work on hosting medium to large sized summits for brands and agencies to learn about Amazon in new and emerging locales. Our events feature advertising best practices, customer case studies, and inspire action for advertisers to engage their sales consultants in annual planning and new product adoption. As part of owning sales enablement events for international expansion, this role is responsible for event program management, logistics, internal communications, and event tech and tool integrations (such as CVent) for the events executed. This role will require strong collaboration and influencings skills as you will partner across stakeholder teams across various locales as you define program and sponsorship needs. You will occasionally support on-site execution events, but in most cases will be coordinating logistics and developing execution playbooks for local sales teams to own. You will be responsible for post-event wrap ups and reporting. To be successful you will need to establish clear processes, set prioritization, be able to write and communicate effectively, and work across time zones. The right candidate will be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal, project management, and analytical skills.
The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven, with strong ownership, hustle, and focus. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively and communicate clearly and persuasively to senior stakeholders. This person should be able to deliver results and program excellence within the events they own, with the support of colleagues in marketing, sales, and product teams. This position does not have any direct reports, and will day-to-day work closely with international sales teams.
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- 5+ years events or experiential work experience
- Strong bias for action: ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exhibits ability to stay calm under pressure; are resilient to set-backs
- Passion for advertisers and providing them with compelling propositions and a great customer experience
- Move easily between generating big, creative ideas to driving process improvement, to executing event details and administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence without authority
- Analytical and data decision-making capabilities
- Partner effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and make decisions autonomously.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects.
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally and work across time zones
- Experience with MS Word, Power Point and SharePoint
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with an internet or technology company.
- Experience in the advertising industry or digital marketing.
- MBA or other related Master’s degree.
- Experience in online advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.