Company Name: IBM
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of the IBM iX Marketing team, you will be ultimately responsible for developing creative and integrated event marketing campaigns, as well as the execution of those campaigns, to drive pipeline and revenue. The Event Marketing Manager will work closely with sales and marketing teams in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. This person is a creative but metrics-driven individual with a deep understanding of field marketing best practices, the end-to-end marketing funnel, and sales pipeline.
- Identify, plan, execute and track a variety of programs including IBM iX-hosted events and IBM iX-sponsored events to support revenue targets.
- Monitor and report on campaign results and effectiveness, clear understanding of the lead process, lead tracking, including ROI, advising on required changes where necessary.
- Collaborate on successful strategies for increasing event participation and revenue growth
- Work closely to ensure that content is aligned with go-to-market messaging and positioning.
- Assist in directing communication plans for internal and external audiences, including arming sales teams with tailored templates, emails and copy to leverage in customer outreach.
- Determine the most effective marketing channels to reach intended audiences and generate high quality sales leads.
- Execute on general event logistics as needed (venue search, marketing invites, staffing, onsite coordination, etc).
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience with tech marketing events – roundtables, briefings, thought leadership events, tradeshows, VIP dinners, executive events.
- Demonstrated track record of success and a minimum of 3-5 years marketing experience. Direct field marketing experience required.
- Excellent project management skills. This position will need to manage events to a budget and execute day-of tactics. Will need to be able to juggle and manage multiple priorities at one time in a fast-paced, shifting environment.
- Independent, self-starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to execution with minimal supervision
- Team player and collaborator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with team members at varying levels
- Ability to travel as needed
- B.S. or B.A. degree.
Preferred Professional And Technical Expertise