Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Marketing Manager with a deep knowledge of large-scale virtual, hybrid and face-to-face event programs, along with exceptional event management, relationship building, and project management skills to manage various programs and work streams for the AWS Internal Events Team.
This role supports the lead program managers with the Sales Kickoff, Marketing Kickoff, and AWS All-Hands programs, as well as other programs as required. This role is key in setting the foundation and framework for program growth, while supporting global collaboration across AWS.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an aptitude for interpersonal, project management, and analytical skills. The candidate has strong collaboration and influencing skills to manage across complex projects and multiple stakeholders. They are organized, comfortable establishing clear processes, collaborative, have effective written and communication skills, and ability to work backwards from the business problem.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the event industry with an understanding of the agency, platform, and client side. This highly motivated, extremely organized individual must have experience managing complex projects across the globe. They will utilize their attention to detail, event experience, project management, and excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist Lead PMs with event management across multiple programs from conception to measurement, including strategy, project management, vendor negotiation and management, speaker engagement and management, production, event registration, data gathering/reporting/analysis, evaluations, program audits, security reviews, communications, technology, compliance tracking and cross-functional partnering.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness
- Deliver against established milestones to achieve team and stakeholder goals
- Contribute to long term strategic vision and process development
- Define goals and timelines related to key event deliverables and communicate those expectations to leadership and cross-functional teams
- Work closely with senior leaders to understand roadmaps in order to successfully develop and deliver the strategy of internal events
- Utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews, weekly team meetings, deliverables, timelines, budgets and post-event debriefs
- Continual testing, measuring, scaling, and evolving event programs
- Support on-site execution of events
- Creatively deliver high-quality internal events with frugality
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while executing high quality deliverables with an innate attention to detail and excellent time, resource and skills management.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time and work across time zones
- Proof of vaccination may be required to attend some events.
- 5+ years of experience in event marketing and event management, building, executing and scaling cross-functional event marketing programs.
- 5+ years of experience using and analyzing data, reporting, and/or tools to measure event performance and adjust accordingly.
- 3+ years of experience developing strategy and executing virtual events.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- 3+ years understanding of the agency/platform/client side
- 5+ years’ experience owning and scaling global events.
- Moves easily between generating big, creative ideas to driving process improvement, to executing event details and administration.
- Has strong logistics management.
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment; can independently remove blockers and make decisions autonomously
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously, with the ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
- Exhibits ability to stay calm under pressure; resilient to set-backs.
- Passion for customers and creating a memorable experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view within concise communications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.