Company Name: Datadog
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
We are a fast-moving, analytically driven B2B marketing team. We show innovative companies how they can improve their applications and get to market faster. We do hundreds of events, thousands of marketing campaigns, research and evangelize ideas that move our industry forward, and more.
Datadog’s event marketing team is the secret sauce behind our premiere experiential marketing efforts. Managing over 200 sponsorship, community and field events, ranging from $5K-$3M, their work is truly the backbone of our lead gen engine – drawing in nearly 60% of our new leads!
As the Event Marketing Manager, you’ll be project lead on our premiere client events like DASH 2019 (dashcon.io), Datadog’s action-packed, two day conference here in NYC! You’ll be driving project incentives for creative marketing tactics and generating new business for the world’s #1 data monitoring and analytics platform. Want to be a part of the engine behind its continued success?
- Act as project lead for DASH from start to finish, including pre and post event logistics
- Assist in the creation and execution of global Datadog Community Events such as conferences, workshops, roadshows, and curated specialty events
- Own the event infrastructure and product responsibilities; production elements including exhibitor properties, AV, furniture rentals, wifi, travel logistics, swag, venue research, additional vendor research as necessary
- Oversee vendor RFP process for the entire event including negotiating, sourcing competing vendors, etc.
- Manage and track event budgets, expenses, KPI’s and ROI, and report to them to marketing leadership
- Support event ticket sales and sponsorship sales including direct messaging and partnering with teams to create collateral and messaging to sell event tickets and sponsorships
- Maintain sponsor relationships after they have been contracted to Sponsor DASH
- Work cross functionally with teams to ensure events are on brand, on message, and attracting the right audience
- At least 5 years of event management experience planning large scale customer centric events, in a high-tech, fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to keep costs within budget
- Data and results driven
- Ability to multitask and manage several vendors and logistics at once
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to problem solve
- Ability to handle high-stress situations calmly and professionally
- Proven ability to manage changing priorities, think on your paws and are comfortable being the leader of the pack.
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.