Company Name: Tanium
Location: United States
Type: Full Time
The Event Marketing Manager of Event Content Strategy and Promotions is responsible for telling the Tanium story to the world through a variety of industry wide and internal high class events. The Sr. Manager is tasked with creating the content strategy across all global events and advisory boards and producing compelling content and promotions for various audiences across different market segments represented at Tanium’s events throughout the customer lifecycle.
The Manager is responsible for developing consistent themes and story arcs that align to Tanium’s mission and reflect our customers’ interests and business objectives. The manager will also work cross functionally to develop creative briefs, keynote presentations, website content, and promotional materials for events such as large industry conferences and third party events, as well as Tanium hosted events from our user conference, Converge, and a number of Advisory Boards and user groups.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and creative storyteller with proven success in creating innovative content. The Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Global Events and Advisory Boards and will collaborate with key stakeholders across marketing, customer success, sales, and product leadership team to better amplify and support Tanium’s vision and key initiatives.
The ideal candidate must be a passionate individual who loves being a part of a winning team and requires strong written, strategic, and organizational skills to execute at a high-level. This person is also able to convey both brand and product messages across multiple channels and audiences.
The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and has proven experience managing priorities and working effectively with a number of internal stakeholders. They should also be able to demonstrate strong proficiency in gaining executive alignment, communicating internally (to stakeholders) and externally (to customers and prospects), and collaborating cross-team.
What You’ll Do
- Liaise with Marketing leadership to understand the key initiatives and themes for the year.
- Create and drive the entire event content strategy from ideation to execution for a wide variety of programs and audiences throughout the year.
- Oversee development, design and execution of all event themes and ensure all in line with event objectives and strategy.
- Create promotional materials to drive attendance to externally and company hosted events, this includes but is not limited to booth messaging and collateral, website pages, brochures, advertising copy, email templates and social media posts.
- Oversee the production of keynote content for marquee events such as Tanium Converge and the annual company kickoff.
- Research and propose relevant thought leadership topics and discussion points for quarterly vertical advisory boards
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
We Are Looking For Someone With
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of successfully creating compelling thought leadership content that aligns to brand messaging.
- Passion and experience with developing content strategy across multiple events and promotional channels.
- Obsessed with learning about innovative technology and the latest trends in IT Operations and Security to incorporate it into various program sessions.
- Must be positive and self-motivated with a proven ability to work on virtual and cross-functional teams while establishing rapport with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrate superior communications skills, both written and verbal, including ability to present and effectively interact with all levels (including executives).
- Show desire to continually improve programs and think outside the box with creative ideas for new sessions and presentations.