Company Name: Code Climate
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Code Climate is in hyper-growth mode and event marketing is a critical part of the overall marketing strategy to increase awareness and drive leads. Events are one of the most important ways that we grow, connect, and inspire our target audience of engineering leaders. This is an opportunity to own and execute an event strategy that will have a quantifiable impact in reinforcing Code Climate’s position in the marketplace. If you get excited by creating and carving out a new footprint vs. backfilling, this is the role for you.
Examples of Problems You’ll Be Solving:
- Responsible for event strategy, end-to-end event event planning, event management, and logistics, inclusive of vendor management, day-of-coordination, and post-event follow up.
- Manage the creation of event creative assets, messaging, and booth design, working in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
- Manage and coordinate internally hosted events such as user conferences, executive dinners, etc.
- Plan, analyze and evaluate performance of ongoing events to optimize towards benchmarks.
- Manage event budget, handle contract negotiation, vendor sourcing, & invoicing for events and sponsorships.
- Test different event formats to help engage our internal team, partners, and prospects while developing success metrics to ensure positive ROI.
- Facilitate kick off calls and debriefs for trade shows and events with Sales.
- Ensure partners, prospects and customers have positive experiences at events.
- Manage, plan and budget event inventory, as well as keep up-to-date.
- Manage and collect leads, while simultaneously integrating these into CRM and create event follow up campaigns in partnership with Sales.
- Maintain a calendar of events and other project tracking documents.
- Continually look for events and sponsorship opportunities.
You’re Awesome Because:
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience (event marketing, field marketing).
- You have proven experience carrying out concurrent event marketing efforts (event planning, sales lead management, & reporting).
- You possess a working knowledge of event metrics, KPIs, and ROI.
- Self-starter with extreme attention to detail and highly organized with strong project management skills.
- You hold experience collaborating with internal cross-functional teams such as, Content Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, as well as external partners.
- You have a working knowledge of Salesforce, Asana, Google Workspace (G Suite).
- You are willing to participate in occasional travel to and from select events.
- Experience working in a high growth startup company.
- Previous management of a company-owned user conference.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors to optimize sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or similar field.
Working at Code Climate
- New York-headquartered startup with a hybrid working environment.
- Fast paced, high growth, start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.