Company Name: Clarivate
Location: United States
Type: Full Time
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people. We are looking for trailblazers to help us build some of the world’s most trusted innovation brands across the entire lifecycle of innovation. Our brands span scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. We are a publicly-traded company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission.
If you are motivated by the challenge of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations, we are excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
- Strategize and execute the planning process for tradeshows and proprietary events using defined timelines and workflows, with clear deliverables and action items for team members in sales, marketing, product and elsewhere within the organization.
- Understand sales goals and objectives, key marketing messages, and product focus, and bring these elements to life in an event environment
- Ensure alignment between events, marketing strategy and sales strategy
- Document and track marketing return on investment (MROI) progress through Salesforce.com campaigns
- Partner with colleagues and external vendors to execute events based on agreed-upon goals and objectives.
- Plan and manage event budget
- Oversee venue/site selection
- Negotiate contracts
- Manage event-related logistics, including food & beverage, function space set-up, rooming lists, air travel, ground transportation, etc.
- Maintain vendor/partner relations
- Ensure proper representation of the Clarivate/flagship brand(s)
- Set goals and objectives for each event around lead generation, sales enablement, retention and brand awareness. Communicate goals and objectives with stakeholders.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote event presence, integrate thought leadership, etc.
- Ensure events are a planned component of larger strategic marketing campaigns, with aligned messaging, clear objectives and tracked metrics
- Manage the creation of landing/registration pages and pre/post event emails using Eloqua software
- Develop strategic invitation lists, branding, and promotional ideas in collaboration with marketing counterparts
- Create social media plans and advertising strategies in collaboration with communications team
- Manage attendee registration and follow-up
- Host pre-event planning calls for each event to gather requirements, review on site expectations and explain logistical show-flow to internal stakeholders.
- Host post-event de-brief calls to gather lessons learned and opportunities for future improvement.
- Oversee post-event follow-up with demand/field marketing and sales team members
- Manage leads from events by routing to sales or placing them in the appropriate nurturing campaign in SFDC
- Track and report on event success monthly/quarterly, using appropriate metrics based on event goals
- Collaborate with demand marketing to identify additional post-event lead generation opportunities
- Established career within the event marketing industry.
- Experience of business-to-business event marketing within at least one of the key verticals preferred (Intellectual Property, Government & Academia, Healthcare).
- Preparation and execution of tactical marketing plans, working to budget and time deadlines and reporting on MROI.
- Strong professional presence and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal communication, written and proofreading skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflict.
- Willingness to travel (including weekends) and work in a global team of professionals.
- Experience using SFDC and Eloqua systems an advantage.
- 4-year Marketing degree strongly preferable
- Minimum of 2-3 years event marketing experience within a B2B organization