Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented Event Marketing Manager with the drive and enthusiasm to manage the execution of live events in the Americas. This is a unique opportunity to play a key, visible role in an exciting, fast-growing business.
The Event Marketing Manager is a critical role in the Americas Field Marketing team. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for events. They will have a hands-on approach with their event management style, will work closely with our Field Marketing team and Sales team to plan and execute events at the highest level. They will also continuously raise the bar on content and the customer experience with the goal of educating existing customers.
The ideal candidate will be self-directed and have a proven track record of building and executing events of all sizes, from round table executive meetings to large-scale events.
Ability to execute events while seeking the right programmatic approach to scale – Align event activities with business priorities across stakeholder groups, including interfacing directly with sales leadership and sales teams
- Manage the event agency relationship and build processes for repeatable and scalable event activities
- Execute events with operational and logistical excellence
- Manage the content, speaker selection, agenda, and overall event experience with a customer obsessed mindset
- Quantify business results of all activities with data-driven analysis
- Manage all event budgets
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- 5+ years of events marketing experience in a technology environment; delivering on live and virtual event programs (500+ attendees) that align to the customer journey and field sales goals
- 5+ years facilitating cross-functional interactions to create, plan, and execute events
- 5+ years managing event budgets including POs and invoicing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or a relevant field of study
- Proven ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects with different priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing deliverables in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to handling any challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot any problems that should arise on the event day
- Collaborative attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.