Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
The AWS Global Events team is seeking an experienced Event Marketing Manager with exceptional event experience, relationship building, and project management skills to own a set of operational projects for AWS marquee events including re:Invent. You will be responsible for managing transportation/attendee movement planning processes, budgets, and timelines, and overseeing a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all project team members are working together to deliver high-quality customer experiences at our events. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews, regular vendor and stakeholder meetings, and post event debriefs.
The ideal candidate will be will be a self-starter and with an aptitude for building partnerships, project management, and analytical skills. The candidate has strong collaboration and influencing skills to managing across complex projects and multiple stakeholders. The right candidate should be organized, comfortable establishing clear processes and guidelines, collaborative, be able to write and communicate effectively, and work backwards from the customer.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage shuttle operations at AWS re:Invent
- Manage transportation programs including walking routes, wayfinding, rideshare, and alternate methods of transportation (such as Monorail/public transit) at AWS re:Invent, AWS re:Inforce, and other events as assigned.
- Partner with vendor and security teams as subject matter expert in managing attendee “major” movements at AWS re:Invent, AWS re:Inforce, and other events as assigned.
- Work through planning processes, deliver and implement event plans with internal and vendor partners.
- Develop and communicate project plans for each event. Deliver against established milestones to achieve team and stakeholder goals, contributing to long term strategic vision and process development.
- Conduct analysis of program data and use of it to rate the effectiveness of program initiatives.
- Utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews, team meetings, and post event debriefs.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external regulations and policies.
- Continuous testing, measuring, scaling, and evolving event programs.
- Support on-site execution of events.
- Creatively deliver high-quality customer-facing events with frugality.
- Moves easily between generating big, creative ideas to driving process improvement, to executing event details and administration.
- Has a strong point of view on operational excellence and logistics management.
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment; can independently remove blockers and make decisions autonomously.
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously, with the ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
- Exhibits ability to stay calm under pressure; resilient to set-backs.
- Passion for customers and creating a memorable experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time, and navigating competing priorities and goals
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- 5+ years experience in event marketing and event management
- 5+ years experience working in transportation management
- 5+ years experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional transportation programs
- 5+ years experience working with broad groups of stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or relevant field of study OR 4+ years’ additional relevant professional experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with large scale events
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $80,600 – $141,100 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.