Company Name: Amazon
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
The Transportation Partner Experience Events team is seeking a seasoned Event Manager to act as a key work stream lead for some of our biggest proprietary events and lead 1-2 of our smaller programs end to end. Your responsibility as an event expert will include executing event and creative strategy, manage budgets, oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners and ensure all necessary stakeholders are working together to delivery a high quality customer experience. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews and post event debriefs. The ideal candidate has a proven history of running events with operational excellence across many program components, can work through complex tasks and projects quickly with little guidance and anticipate and navigate roadblocks before they become issues. This person will be able to effectively work within a small team, while rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done – no detail will be too small and they’ll never say “that’s not my job”. They’ll obsess over details, display poise and sophistication in fast-moving situations, embrace ambiguity, and deliver results.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage and contribute to planning, production, and execution of events that are virtual and / or in-person.
- Assist in the definition and creation of event goals, while keeping customer needs in mind, to ensure event success.
- Serve as event project manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development and event flow, event promotion and registration, budget management, staffing, event follow-up and reporting, etc.
- Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget allocation.
- Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event reports/docs.
- Work closely with business partners to track and achieve business goals.
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Relentless seeker for the latest ideas and trends in audience engagement.
- Demonstrated success in creative production and project management with a focus on operational excellence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- A willingness to travel (as needed), and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Enthusiasm for conceptualizing and pitching new ideas to stakeholders that elevate live event experiences.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Demonstrable, successful history of defining event and creative strategy and proven executional excellence.
- A masterful juggler. You will always be working on multiple events, so you must be organized and able to work with different
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.