Company Name: Amazon
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a seasoned event marketing professional who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a passion for planning, executing, and analyzing in-person events. As an Event Marketing Manager, your primary focus will be to manage the planning execution of third party (3P) events and contribute as a member of the project team for large, owned (1P) events. You will lead trade show activations including the booth presence, onsite engagement, content/speaker management, and customer meetings/events. This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders both within marketing and across business units to help build relationships with customers and help them become more familiar with Amazon Business solutions.
In addition to event planning and execution, you will establish measurable and scalable mechanisms, develop methods for measurement and automation, and analyze data in order to improve overall team effectiveness. This will include ensuring delivery against post-event key performance indicators (KPI).
The ideal candidate balances creativity with analytics and has diverse event management skills, including trade shows and large-scale events (domestic and international). They are energized by ambiguity, and thrive in situations where they need to roll up their sleeves to overcome challenges and innovate for the customer. They are able to influence peers senior stakeholders across the organization while finding ways to engage and delight customers. They must have a strong track record in building scalable marketing/promotional programs across multiple channels and with various types of events (trade shows, owned conferences, and sponsorships).If you possess these skills, enjoy building new programs, and work well in a fast-paced environment, this may be the role for you!
Key Job Responsibilities
- Own event management from inception to assessment.
- Manage 3P event calendar and tracking
- Develop and execute novel event approaches to drive customer engagement at 3P events
- Execute and iterate on 3P event strategy
- Ensure a high bar of customer experience for all events in the organization
- Manage go-to-market event plans, including project work-backs and execution plans for each event
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to develop timely inputs, meet attendance and meetings goals, and set-up processes to maintain a high bar on quality execution
- Perform post-event lead ingestion, uploads, and tracking using Salesforce
- Compile, analyze, and present performance metrics to identify potential opportunities for program growth and improvement
- Establish guidelines and best practices across teams, leading and contributing to event calendar, stakeholder communications, standard operating procedures (SOP), vendor lists, and documentation of mechanisms.
- Source services from vendors through RFPs and analysis to scale support.
- Write and contribute to documents for leadership and stakeholders.
- Attend in person events that require vaccination status based upon the location and third-party event regulations
- 2+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- 5+ years of developing and managing marketing or channel programs experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience in online marketing channels such as social media marketing, display advertising, and search engine marketing
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL, Excel
- Experience with Tableau, SQL, or basic data-mining
The base pay for this position ranges from $96,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.