Company Name: Amazon
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Amazon Ads helps brands create experiences that delight customers and deliver meaningful results. With 300+ million worldwide active customer accounts, and first-party insights based on shopping, streaming and browsing signals, brands can craft relevant campaigns that enhance customer experiences. Our solutions on Amazon.com, services like Twitch, IMDb TV, Alexa, Amazon Music, and partnerships with third-party publishers and exchanges make Amazon Ads the ultimate amplifier for brands to reach the right audiences in the right places, both on and off Amazon.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-directed, data-driven Sr. Event Marketing Manager to plan and manage the strategy and execution of virtual events, webinars, and in-person events. This role will reside in the US but will manage virtual events globally. The Sr. Event Marketing Manager will work across teams to inform and implement strategies for our customer engagement events. The role will primarily manage the strategy for and execution of virtual events and webinars for brands and agencies. They will feature advertising best practices, customer case studies, thought leadership, networking, and inspire advertisers to grow their business. Success in this role requires the ability to define an event strategy, set customer-centric campaign goals, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of virtual event platforms, maintain a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and possess a passion for continuous improvement. This person will need to have an entrepreneurial nature to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, this role will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices.
This role will require strong collaboration and influencing skills, as it partners across stakeholder teams and locales to define virtual event strategy, program, and sponsorship needs to impact long-term customer experience.
You will define goals and objectives, metrics, post-event wrap ups, reporting, and analysis. To be successful you will need to be comfortable establishing clear processes, set prioritization in an ambiguous environment, write and communicate effectively, and work across time zones. The right candidate will be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal, project management, and analytical skills. The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus, with the ability to prioritize effectively and communicate clearly and persuasively. If you enjoy dedicating the same level of excellence to virtual events and webinars as you do in-person events, and strive to delight customers with various event approaches, we want to meet you!
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the strategy and execution of virtual events and webinars
- Build and execute virtual events at scale, globally
- Work closely with Event Technology manager and external vendor on platform management – defining business requirements and evaluating performance
- Deliver clear, consistent, and frequent communication with management to ensure ongoing clarity on strategy, tactics, goals, and performance for virtual event channels
- Contribute to monthly business reviews and other key rhythms of business
- Own post-event reporting across key KPIs (registration, attendance, leads) and customer feedback (qualitative and quantitative)
- Manage end-to-end planning and execution of virtual and live events, including strategic planning, event marketing, budget, logistics, communications, event tech, gifting, onsite execution, playbooks, analytics/ROI.
- Own event strategy; develop event marketing plans that achieve marketing team and shared goals.
- Own event marketing processes and communication mechanisms.
- Collaborate with internal analytics teams to ensure events achieve goals
- Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Drive and deliver best practice documents and process improvement documents.
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- 4+ years’ experience owning and scaling events
- 2+ years’ experience managing virtual events and webinars
- Capable of directly owning and managing all elements of an event from conception to measurement, including but not limited to: strategy, project management, vendor negotiation and management, production, event registration, data gathering/reporting, evaluations, speaker engagement, cross-functional partnering
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, creating a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to influence at multiple levels without authority
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment; can independently remove blockers and make decisions autonomously
- Exhibits ability to stay calm under pressure; resilient to set-backs
- Passion for customers and creating a memorable experience
- Moves easily between generating big, creative ideas to driving process improvement, to executing event details and administration
- Partners effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally and work across time zones
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PPT
- Performs well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
- Experience in the advertising industry or digital marketing.
- Ability to travel (~20%) to attend in person events that require vaccination status based upon the location and third party event regulations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.