Company Name: IDG (International Data Group)
Location: Needham, MA
Type: Full Time
IDG Communications is seeking an Event Marketing and Delegate Relationship Manager to join our team in either New York, NY or Needham, MA. IDG Communications’ vision is to make the world a better place by enabling the right use of technology. As the leading global media and data company powered by 1st party relationships, our collaborative, innovative and customer focused culture fosters success for our customers and our employees.
We have a growth opportunity for our events business in North America. We currently run a large volume and a diverse mix of events for senior level IT decision maker audiences ranging from intimate round tables to large conferences and award programs. Our aim is to grow our digital and f2f conference business in the region.
To enable this, we are strengthening our events team and are looking for an Event Marketing and Delegate Relationship Manager. In this role, you collaborate with our content, sales, and ops teams to build our audience database, develop messaging and marketing channels, and design and implement marketing plans to achieve attendee goals. Additionally, you’ll align sponsorship messaging and collateral to create measurable campaigns to drive net new logo acquisition.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of how to create and run, digital marketing campaigns across multiple platforms. This role will be based in one of our offices once we reopen. Our reopening plan will remain fluid based on COVID-19 guidance to ensure the safety of all our employees.
The Event Marketing and Delegate Relationship Manager will report to the Marketing Director, helping to make and enforce decisions regarding:
- Delivery of multiple IDG branded conference and round table events across the region.
- Growing our pool of potential delegates using email and social media activity, content marketing, search engine marketing, website conversion tactics and, personal outreach.
- Creation of target attendee lists.
- Creation of content that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, sells, and ultimately provides information to generate registrations and sponsorships across a wide variety of digital platforms.
- Creation of cohesive campaigns for company award programs, custom events and work directly with clients when required.
- Designing a strategy for each event which includes, content, email, media, social, sponsor amplification and peer recommendation.
- Researching demand for our event products and services and identifying personas/target demographics.
- Communicating audience development and sponsor marketing plans to other departments.
- Working with product and engineering teams to ensure the best possible user journey and conversion for event registrations.
- Manage designers and agencies and appropriate freelances to ensure messaging is accurate and on-brand.
- Creating campaigns to generate inbound interest and regular sponsor sales leads (MQLs) that align to the sales process.
- You should have the confidence and ability to convert our value proposition into attendees for IDG events.
- Experience with data acquisition, data management and knowledge of GDPR and use of email and social tools.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills.
- Technology market affinity.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- The ability and experience to work to tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and maintain a sense of humor throughout.
- Passion for events and power of convening people.
- Alignment in marketing philosophy – modern marketers are community leaders. Skilled in domain expertise, subject matter understanding, ability to connect the right people and companies with one another.
- May include travel to events to ensure operational excellence.
IDG is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.