Company Name: Workday
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Director, Event Content Strategy, the Event Content Manager will manage the content development life-cycle for Workday proprietary events globally. We are looking for a person with strong program management expertise with the ability to collaborate and influence across a broad set of stakeholders. We need someone who can see the forest and the trees, who has a keen eye for maintaining a holistic and cohesive content strategy, but also able to manage the day-to-day details to deliver amazing content programs for events. Strong communication and collaboration skills to work across the organization and with customers for content development and deliverables management, as well technical knowledge required to work with event technology teams are a must. Primary events include: Workday’s global flagship user conference with over 500 speakers and content to manage, as well as smaller, global roadshows. The role may also support Workday Internal events as needed.
- Establish and manage process, meetings and timelines for content development and curation. Manage deadlines and interdependencies to ensure established milestones and key deadlines are met.
- Partner closely with Curriculum Manager, product strategy, marketing, communications, customer success, and services to craft a content framework in alignment with the overarching event content strategy and audience demographic that maximizes attendee learning experience. Includes session count, content focus, session format, learning level, speaker mix, session scheduling and prioritization.
- Work with Event Technology teams to develop structure for Global Call for Papers sites, Website Session Catalog and Event Speaker Resource Centers, participate in testing and launch plans.
- Oversee content logistics and speaker management. Maintain speaker resource center and content management tool.
- Manage content editorial reviews with internal and external resources to ensure milestones are met and all data and messaging is accurate and aligned. Establish a process to oversee all elements of presentation development, reviews, completion and delivery.
- Support Director, Event Content Strategy, Presentation Design & Production teams on Tier 2 Product Strategy Keynotes, shepherding session development, track production elements, develop cue sheets and maintain single point of truth tracking document.
- Contribute to pre-event attendee marketing and communications, with personalized learning paths to generate program interest, content excitement, and session registration.
- Work with Digital team on event live stream & demand program management as needed.
- Manage all content localization efforts for global events.
- Track and manage session attendance and make adjustments to content plan and promotion based on interest.
- Prepare post event content reports and make recommendations on future content programs based on analysis and insights.
- Maintain visibility across events in relation to content to identify and report synergies, issues or opportunities across program areas.
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in content management/program management, specifically for large scale, global events.
• Resourceful, self-starter that works best in a team environment. Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks. Sense of urgency and strong work ethic a must.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Excellent program management and organizational skills
Strong presentation and communication skills
Excellent computer and technology skills (experience with Google Docs, MS Office Applications -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
Experience with CVENT / Lanyon systems a plus
High levels of tact and diplomacy
Ability to interact with all levels of people
Content Management experience
Ability to drive and adhere to deadlines
Ability to travel