Company Name: Splunk
Location: Massachusetts, United States
Type: Full Time
This role, on Splunk’s Global Event Marketing team, is responsible for planning, executing, and elevating both external communications for Splunk’s proprietary, industry and partner events and for internal comms to key stakeholders and executives. As the Event Marketing Communications Manager, your goal will be to develop and execute on both an internal and external communications strategy and plan.
Reporting to the Director of Global Event Marketing, you will build a multi-touch strategy for .conf, our annual user conference, GovSummit as well as each of the industry tradeshows in which we participate. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring our audience is continually engaged, informed and motivated to attend our events. You will educate key audiences on our technology and business value and promote the benefits of attending Splunk’s proprietary and 3rd party events.
This candidate will bring expertise and communications experience, with an ability to build, own, and implement successful communication campaigns in a fast paced, high tech industry.
What you’ll get to do
- Collaborate with event lead and other relevant marketing stakeholders to develop a communication strategy for all target personas.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that drive event attendance and customer engagement
- Deliver innovative marketing communications that are relevant and scale across all regions.
- Create a standard bill of materials for different types / levels of events, in collaboration with other team members and channel owners in the regions.
- Understand the target persona for each program and work with internal teams to ideate, write and create relevant comms to segmented lists for promotional activities.
- Coordinate content review cycles and manage internal processes for developing an email communication from content ideation, to creation, to layout and deployment
- Work with channel owners such as Social to enhance external promotional activities.
- Collaborate with Splunk’s Marketing teams to ensure internal communications for each event are efficiently and effectively communicated on a regular cadence.
- Working with the Director, Global Event Marketing, to create a sales enablement program with Global Field Enablement
- Report up to leadership on the effectiveness of the communication strategy for an event and make recommendations on how to better improve its strategy.
- Maintain centralized repositories for communication materials, playbooks and templates.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or associated field.
- 5+ years working on an events marketing team with a focus on event communications, promotional marketing or advertising, preferable for a global SaaS company.
- Experience working on large scale user conferences and executive conferences / events is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A portfolio of work to show writing and communications examples is preferred.
- Active listener with exceptional presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong relationship builder and resourceful collaborator.
- Ability to create and nurture cross-functional stakeholder relationships at all levels of the business.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and able to multitask, prioritize projects and communicate priorities to business partners.
- Background in technology communications and knowledge of data and analytics is preferred.
Base Pay Range
$104,800.00 – 144,100.00 per year
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.