Company Name: Yahoo
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
The Event Manager position supports the strategic planning, execution, and oversight of company events which may include trade shows & conference sponsorships, client entertainment, internal company events, and virtual events. These events are closely aligned with the corporate marketing and sales strategy. This position will support various tasks as assigned on all elements of a program; including research, registration and list management, vendor relations, finances, and talent and speaker management to name a few. This role will also be responsible for managing and executing large scale events with internal stakeholders and external partners. This individual must be a team player, who can multitask and is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. You’d be joining an energetic and collaborative award-winning team of creative event marketers.
- Responsible for Post-event tracking and ROI analysis to help measure the company’s marketing initiatives and to improve future performance
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex and multifaceted problems in own area or related areas
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Provides strategic guidance and insight moving beyond a purely logistical role.
- Oversee team’s roles and responsibilities on events ensuring all team members are meeting the requirements of assigned roles
- Managing and tracking complex budgets including contract and vendor negotiations
A Lot About You:
Fully versed in overall event production including but not limited to: AV, permitting process, build-out operations, staffing and labor requirements, talent management, design and registration
- Proficient in managing & executing multiple events with budgets over $1M at any one time
- Ability to oversee cross-functional teams on programming and content ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on plan, goals and outcomes
- Experience working with global finance, procurement, and legal partners with the ability to gain a thorough understanding of our invoice, new vendor and contract submission processes
- Experience producing events to virtual and hybrid audiences on various platforms such as Zoom, Meet and BlueJeans.
- Minimum 5-7 years direct experience in event marketing industry managing mid-large scale events
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing related field
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.