Company Name: US Tech Solutions
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Type: Full Time
Client is a culture of curious and adaptive learners. Our people are naturally thirsty for opportunities to learn new things in pursuit of building an incredible product experience for the people that use our service. In support of this, the Global Learning & Development team (L&D) at client are committed to helping build the organization as a socially committed community of learners in an environment of hypergrowth.
At client, we believe that the keys to personal and team growth & success are rooted in how you leverage learning in a continuous way in and out of the classroom. And that this starts with understanding and being energized by our culture and way-of-working. For this reason, the L&D team works as a small, lean consultative team, and partners with both Business and HR leaders to scale individual and team development.
To support this mission, we are hiring an L&D Onboarding Event Manager role. Reporting to the regional Program Manager Lead, This role leads the planning and logistics of local onboarding programs and oversees Onboarding Coordinators executing our onboarding events and operational projects. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative and highly organized professional who can design efficient and effective onboarding experiences, operationalize processes, work well under pressure, and have a history of working well with and influencing a wide range of partners.
Client’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at client are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
- Lead and manage all day-to-day operations for Onboarding Orientation and other Onboarding programs in designated office location or remote program
- Oversee coordinators executing our Onboarding Orientation program operations
- Partner with the L&D Onboarding team, as well as other key client partner and vendor teams to deliver on operational strategy and annual plans
- Manage and escalate risks and issues and collaborate with cross-functional partners on resolution
- Develop and ensure standard operating procedures are in place for programs supported by the team globally
- Work with globally dispersed team effectively and drive consistency of global processes
- Understand the impact of local Onboarding Programs by presenting actionable insights from program reporting and analysis
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential operational improvements
- Manage the intake process of communications and inquiries from new hires and interns on groups and tickets
- Attend and manage any day of escalations or back-up support for Onboarding Orientation
- Project manage side projects to help support onboarding growth
- 4+ years of experience in L&D, HR Operations, Event Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Customer service, communication and cross group collaboration experience
- Experience of working successfully in a highly-matrixed, continually changing, multinational organization
- Dynamic, flexible and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, able to handle continuous change and ambiguity
- Flexibility to travel to other client offices on an as-needed basis is required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Data analysis experience
- Project Management (PMP/PMI) certification
- Salesforce, Workday and LMS experience