Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Rochester, NY
Type: Full Time
This role is an integral part of the Global Events Marketing team and is responsible for planning, executing, and elevating the customer experience at AWS led sponsorships and tradeshow events. The goal of these activations is to increase awareness of AWS products and services as well as customer acquisition.
Key Job Responsibilities
Your daily responsibility as an individual contributor and virtual trade show and in-person event expert will include: working closely with industry, product and solutions marketing managers to identify goals, content, promotion strategy, customer experience mapping, agency management, speaker management, budget management, and this role has a heavy logistics management component with agency support. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to deliver events in line with overall program strategy, serve as a communication leader, and drive customer acquisition/retention efforts through lead and data capture reporting. Your role will be to ensure all stakeholders, vendors, agencies and show managers are working together to deliver a high-quality event with maximized ROI.
- 5+ years experience supporting trade shows in the areas of: Cloud, Big Data, Storage, Database or other technologies and industries end to end.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, including weekends and stays up to a week to attend highly strategic events, or to spot-check vendor execution, and ensure AWS processes are being adhered to onsite at trade shows.
- 5+ years experience in B2B, specifically high-tech products/services.
- 5+ years experience in managing both trade show programs and agency relations.
- 5+ years experience using Salesforce, Tableau, or marketing automation platforms (e.g. Marketo, Workfront, Digital Campaign Management Software, Adobe suite).
- Motivated self-starter with a bias for action and who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business.
- Proven success in executing multiple events simultaneously and using both internal and external resources.
- Strong project management skills, analytical ability, both creative and strategic thinking.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.