Company Name: The Mom Project
Location: Potomac, MD (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
As the Account Manager, you will be an energetic self-starter, forward-thinking and creative individual with excellent management skills, high standards, and a professional image. The candidate will serve as a mentor to the Account Coordinators to guide them through a project. Other requirements are the ability to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, be results-oriented, work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment, and have strong time management skills. The position entails considerable interaction with clients, consultants , and fellow team members.
- Plan, organize and execute up to four client events simultaneously and in accordance with the project management guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Provide solutions to resolve problems when they arise and in a timely manner.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to your assigned Coordinator and any of the Coordinators on the team.
- Report weekly with the Director of Accounts regarding the status of client work.
- Take total initiative on a specific project, outside of specific client support, as assigned to you by the CEO/President or the Vice President of Accounts and fulfill the initiative in a timely manner.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Event Management, Hospitality or Marketing
- 5-7 years of event management experience;
- Experience managing junior staff members;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- A commitment to high performance and teamwork;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- High energy, creative, personable team player;
- Understanding of non-profit fundraising strategies, goals, and sponsorship development;
- An ability to effectively interface with executive leadership, board members and other key stakeholders;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, small office environment.