Company Name: SUSE
Location: Provo, US
Type: Full Time
SUSE is currently looking for an experienced and creative event manager to plan and execute strategic industry, partner, community and internal events globally ensuring maximum ROI for the business.
In this role, you will be a key member of an events team that will select, plan and organize a range of global events to enable SUSE to meet its strategic and business goals for the financial year. You will use your creativity and talent to maximize SUSE’s presence and raise the awareness of this exciting and innovative company. You will also help plan and execute SUSE’s annual global end user conference, SUSECON, and its annual Sales Summit.
You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders and functional groups including Sales and Marketing Leaders, Field Marketing Managers, Product Marketing and Product Management.
The Global Event Marketing Manager position reports to the Head of SUSE Global Events Marketing.
- Provide input to the Head of Events Marketing and other key stakeholders to select a range of global events that will enable SUSE to best meet its strategic and business goals within the available budget.
- Work with the key stakeholder to set appropriate goals and ROI objectives for each event
- Develop the end to end event plan, lead regular planning meetings managing the extended team to their agreed responsibilities and timescales and ensure the event meets or exceeds the approved goals and objectives within budget.
- Ensure each event is part of an end to end marketing plan that includes the appropriate event promotion/registration and lead follow up activities to meet or exceed the agreed marketing contribution to pipeline goals
- Manage contractors and vendors as required
- Prepare SUSE presence and lead on-site team at events
- Be a first point of contact at the event to answer basic customer or partner questions about SUSE or SUSE solutions and field inquiries to the appropriate SUSE expert.
- Develop appropriate reports and analysis of event results to key stakeholders
- Be a leading member of the SUSECON team and manage specific aspects of the global event
- Develop and support adoption of best practices for pre-event promotion, excellence in on-site delivery and post-event follow up.
- B2B marketing experience, with 5+ years in event marketing for a high-technology company
- Proven track record in driving leads for sales from local and strategic events
- Excellent understanding of event marketing strategy and execution
- Excellent understanding of event marketing context and relation to overall marketing mix
- Proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional and international teams, including the sales organization, operations, and finance
- Ability and drive to develop a working knowledge of SUSE and its solutions to represent the business and speak comfortably with prospective and existing customers/partners.
- Strong interpersonal communicative skills and persuasiveness; ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally in a positive manner.
- Self-starter with the drive to hit deadlines, work independently, multi-task while working on competing priorities
- Solid decision making/critical thinking, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for data-driven success
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to be pragmatic and innovative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Travel 25-35%
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status