Company Name: Sparks
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
The Event Manager (EM) will work effectively with both client and internal teams to flawlessly deliver event programs that drive client results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The EM thrives under pressure, loves to travel, and has a passion for event production and logistics. Tradeshow and account management experience is required for this particular role.
- Lead the execution of assigned event programs (both B-to-B and B-to-C) of various size and scale or lead assigned area(s) of a larger event under the direction of an Executive Producer or project lead.
- Support the strategic planning and creative development of client event initiative
- Manage and support the management of planning tools; i.e.
budget tracking, project timeline, production schedules, event specs,
graphics matrix, staffing, registration platforms, giveaways,
activities, transportation, hotel room blocks, meeting agendas and
- Serves as primary owner of client communication for assigned
program (in conjunction with client account team) or conduit of
important event information to the event leads as appropriate
- Track budget costs throughout the course of project and
communicate scope changes that effect budget to the client, AD and or EP
in a clear manner, as appropriate
- Support the reconciliation of budgets and participate in internal and external project debriefs
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with all team members and departments (production, creative, logistics, etc)
- Mentor and coach junior event/production staff to develop skills that can meet changing client needs
- Develop and actively manage vendor/ freelance relationships to ensure best available resources
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or hospitality
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in event management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must be flexible, outgoing, goal-oriented, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be a quick learner
- Excellent computer skills: comfortable with Google platform, Microsoft and Apple applications, Microsoft Office suite, Social Networking sites, collaborative team project software, etc
- A strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel (including evening, weekends and some holidays
- Motivated, positive attitude, and results-oriented
Sparks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.