Company Name: Sparks
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Full Time
The Event Manager will act as liaison on specific account projects by coordinating work with all internal departments; facilitating information between design, detailing, estimating, production, client(s) and Account Director(s) and tracking production and deadlines to ensure continued progress of client workflow. Be responsible for all of the daily tactical activities, affording the Account Director(s) time to invest in building stronger relationships with existing clients. Applicants must have knowledge and experience in the tradeshow and live event production industry.
- Interact and communicate directly with client
- Lead project teams and drive internal and external meetings and reviews
- Schedule and manage account, design and production meetings
- Maintain and update all internal processes, schedules and communications
- Responsible for holding clients and teams accountable for deliverables and keeping on timeline
- Communicate to all parties of any delays or movement in timeline that may affect final execution of activation installations or live event components
- Manage and process client estimates and invoicing
- Prepare all written correspondence as directed by the Account Director
- Project management of all small to medium projects per the direction of the Account Director
- Direct/manage show service requirements with Client Services Dept.
- Organizes resource management process across all internal departments as needed
- Strong knowledge and understanding of fabrication and production methods as it relates to tradeshows
- Oversee team and vendors onsite during site visits and installations
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal and external teams
- Some travel required for on-site support including supervision of installation/dismantle and third-party vendors and meeting all client needs.
- Subscribe to the company’s Mission Vision Values statement
- Participate as a team player in providing overall value to the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or similar equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience of event management experience in the tradeshow or event industry
- Ability to anticipate problems, pro-actively determine solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally (verbal & written)
- Ability to work flexible hours under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Ability to manage several projects at one time and changing priorities
- Ability to assume responsibility for completion of projects in the absence of direct supervision
- Comfortable working in person and onsite with clients and vendors
- Strong collaborator and team player with a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of audiovisual, lighting, and interactive technology
- Ability to produce and manage a project from concept to execution and assist with final project closing and reconciliation.
- Proficient in Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a team player
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Sparks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.