Company Name: SMG
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Type: Full Time
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for an Event Manager. This position provides professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events within the facility, and monitoring the logistics of these events, and all event coordination tasks after events are booked through the conclusion, by performing personally or through subordinates the following duties:
- Oversees all aspects of facility operations related to events and assists with supervision of event services staff.
- Meets with client groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
- Coordinates activities with the various service contractors for assigned meetings and/or events.
- Guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Keeps clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Prepares cost estimates and monitors final billing.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments. Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or services needs. Monitors and supervises facility set-up when necessary.
- Serves as primary liaison between clients and facility departments.
- Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follows-up on all client requests, concerns, and problems.
- Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Serves as manager on duty as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
1 to 2 years related experience and/or training
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment for a similar facility
Skills and Abilities
Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
Good written and verbal skills
Ability to prioritize multiple projects
Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills
Supervisory experience preferred
Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good computer skills to include MS Office.