Company Name: Cloud Software Group
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Type: Full Time
The Corporate Marketing Events team supports Cloud Software Group’s premier Business Units: Citrix, TIBCO, and Spotfire with their event governance, strategy, planning and execution.
- Support the development of strategy for the attendee registration, virtual experience, mobile applications, and other event technologies for all Cloud Software Group events; work with internal digital and creative teams, as well as external vendor partners to create and execute plans that align to the strategy and overall program goals for registration.
- Build and test all registration components for each event utilizing Swoogo.
- Manage the event attendee registration lists, including but not limited to employees, customers, and partners.
- Oversee registration data integrity in accordance with established event registration, data privacy, and compliance policies
- Monitor registration trends, provide weekly attendee management reports and advise teams on registration status
- Manage registration email box to support programs from 50-1,000 attendees.
- Hotel block management when needed, including delivering rooming lists, building hotel booking within registration, advising on attrition and rooming list cut-offs, and providing general guidance when contracting hotel blocks.
- Collaborate with vendor partners to design onsite registration management plans that ensure a positive attendee experience, including badges, scanning, surveys, and more.
- A minimum of 3+ years of event registration and technology experience
- Experience with event platforms (Cvent, Aventri, Swoogo) and mobile apps is required
- Preference if experience is with Swoogo
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Google Suite, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with Smartsheets, JIRA, and Salesforce
- Strong data management skills, proficient in database management tools
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented, independent and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in-person, via email and over the phone
- Ability to perform well in a team environment and manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including lactation status), marital status, military service, protected veteran status, political activity or affiliation, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave and other protected classifications.