Company Name: Rakuten Commerce LLC
Location: San Mateo, CA
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Vice President of Events, the Event Manager will provide logistical planning for all industry sponsored events. A key component of this planning will be the collaboration with client services and sales to ensure all teams are prepared and positioned to create value on-site and post event. The event manager will also hold management responsibilities for specific aspects of planning for the largest annual event for Rakuten USA. The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of what it takes to produce an event from concept to completion as well as experience in planning sponsorships and participation in industry events and trade shows. The primary focus will be on North America events however not limited to this region.
- Manage the participation in all industry events and tradeshows annually.
- Work closely with sales teams and client services teams to ensure all teams are prepared pre event, on-site and post event.
- Responsible for coordinating sales team participation at industry events.
- Ensure events are serving to assist in achieving sales and client services’ goals
- Plan and execute events ranging from 30-person cocktail events and dinners, and up to 250 person parties that are associated with participation in industry events.
- Have a deep understanding of how company and events track ROI from events.
- Strategize with client facing teams on how to bring home ROI from sponsorship and/or participation in industry events.
- Experience with trade shows – managing the shipment and building of trade show booths on exhibit hall floors.
- Manage key logistical aspects of largest annual Rakuten USA event for example: catering, signage, etc. Planning for this event will take up at least 30% of time.
- Research potential industry events, determining prospect attendance, costs associated
- Coordinate event marketing materials such as giveaways, supplies, signage for events, etc.
- Manage expenses for events planned and support cost control
Required Skills and Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in event management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with the planning of participation in trade shows in the U.S.
- Experience with collaborating with sales team to execute on event sponsorships and tracking ROI
- Ability to arrange event logistics including but not limited to invitations, event registration, catering, lodging, AV, photography, booth shipment, on-site marketing activations, attendee management
- Experience with sponsorship coordination
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Preferred previous positions helped in the technology, ecommerce industry
- Enthusiastic, driven, positive, hardworking professional who can rise to the occasion in high pressure situations
- Candidate should be happy and willing to roll up their sleeves to take care of administrative, but important, event tasks such as printing and shipping
- Ability to work well under time constraints while keeping a positive attitude
- The ability to organize and schedule work effectively to meet critical deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work after hours and weekend during event peak times.
- Experience with event budgets, contracts for venues, logistics, agendas, catering, event registration and promotion
- Excellent PC skills, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideal candidate has a CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) designation.
- Experience with Cvent and SplashThat– registration application
- Experience with tracking event ROI in SalesForce
- Ability to stay calm in high pressure situations
- Motivated to create great experiences for other people
- Understanding of how events contribute to the success of an organization – tracking ROI
- Forward thinking and inspired to always improve upon the last event