Company Name: Pearson
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Type: Full Time
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team that makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large, and small.
We are seeking an energetic and sharp Event Manager to support the delivery of high-quality, successful events for Pearson’s School Assessment division. This individual will help build our brand and strengthen our culture through effective planning, and execution of both internal and customer-facing events. This role includes ample room for collaboration on strategy, creativity, and making a BIG impact – to our employees, our bottom line, and, above all, our customers! Events include, but are not limited to customer meetings, industry-related national tradeshows, sales meetings, focus groups, internal meetings and special corporate events.
- Manage the planning, logistics, and execution of all details for School Assessment face-to-face and virtual national industry tradeshows, internal and external customer meetings, and Pearson office events.
- Support all aspects of planning to include registration build and management, app creation, survey development, technology needs, meeting space and food & beverage planning, signage, templates, property sourcing, selection and contract negotiations, vendor and customer relations, accounts payable, transportation, etc. while following company processes and guidelines.
- Partnering with internal stakeholder to lead the planning meetings/calls & deliverable updates
- Manage budget reporting, including budget tracking, invoices, reconciliation of programs, expense reports of customers, contracts, and permits, and team briefings/debriefings.
- Pearson office onsite event management (Iowa City/Austin offices)
- Accounts Payable – Payment Portal Lead
- Digital & Printed Materials
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is 50-65k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/ Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 5 years of experience in the events, conferences or other marketing-related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event management, or communications desired.
- Operational and logistical management of content-driven meetings and events to include:
- Venue selection, negotiation, and contract management;
- Third-party vendor selection, negotiation, and contract management;
- Budgeting and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
- On-site logistical support as needed
- Client-facing and customer service expertise, including effective and professional oral and written communication, as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Leadership and management of internal planning teams engaged in multiple event projects, with strong emphasis on best practices and decision-making.
- Management of external partners and vendors expectations for multiple event projects.
- Budget Management within the online meeting management system, including maintaining receipts, and submitting event expenses both project and personal.
- Accounts Payable and Oracle experience desired.
- Competency of technology tools Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Cvent.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Travel can be up to 40% of the time