Company Name: Nike
Location: Beaverton, OR
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for an Event Manager!
This role will lead and successfully implement coordinated event strategies that support the brand, vision, and objectives of our business partners (internal clients); build innovative and impactful event experiences crafted to align with business objectives, drive employee engagement and inspiration, and strengthen consumer commitment to the brand; contribute to the implementation of department initiatives to support business growth in an exciting and constantly evolving game; drive innovation and operational excellence through continuous pursuit and adoption of new ideas, technologies, and event management practices and procedures.
The candidate needs to have strong hospitality and consumer relation leadership skills, effective written and verbal communication, project management competence, time management, organizational skills, and (preferably) previous event design and event management experience.
Who You Will Work With
You will be the sole Event Manager on most programs but for some you will be collaborating with other Event Managers within Americas Meetings & Events or contractor event professionals. Programs may also involve collaboration with other AM+E personnel such as Event Producer, Guest Services Specialists, and Conference Services Representatives. You will report to the Event Services Manager. Programs at the headquarters and showrooms within the Americas geography may also involve collaboration with Territory Directors, City Managers, and other location-specific partners.
What You Bring
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in the area of Event Management, Event Marketing or cross-experience in the Meetings and Hospitality Industry
- Demonstrated Program and/or Project Management experience in the event space
- Shown ability to function effectively in high-stress environments
- Must be willing and able to work irregular hours and schedules, as well as travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Effective communicator at all levels with confirmed ability to influence and drive people and projects
- Exhibited strong skill in hotel contract negotiations
- Proven ability to assign and lead internal and external resources effectively across multiple projects
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, multi-tasking and budget management skills
- Qualified to hold an international passport and driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds