Company Name: Information Security Media Group (ISMG)
Location: Princeton, NJ
Type: Full Time
ISMG’s events also provide a creative and effective method for vendors looking to target our audience, raise their brand exposure, and generate sales leads through sponsorship opportunities! The value of these sponsorships is directly correlated to the quality of our events and caliber of attendance we attract which is why we are looking for an Event Manager to join our team and contribute to the successful coordination, promotion, and execution of our sponsored events!
In this role, you will own at least 4-8 virtual/live events per month while driving attendee recruitment and sponsorship management. If you are data-driven, collaborative, and passionate about accelerating your career in the events space while engaging with some of the smartest people in the cybersecurity industry, then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Planning and coordinating ISMG’s sponsored events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, and objectives.
- Managing budget adherence, venue selection & bookings, logistics & catering, speaker coordination, & promotional efforts.
- Maintaining consistent communication as the main point of contact for event sponsors throughout the event lifecycle, ensuring expectations are being met.
- Owning audience development & attendee recruitment which includes segmenting & distributing invitations to contacts within our internal database, supplemental prospecting & outreach efforts, managing attendance confirmation & attrition.
- Securing appropriate attendance volume through heavy outbound recruitment efforts via LinkedIn to ensure client expectations have been met with quality attendees.
- Assisting in expanding global attendee prospect database and nurture existing attendee relationships by recruiting C-level executives to participate in events.
- Creating marketing copy and utilizing Marketing Automation System (Marketo) to execute and monitor event promotions.
- Editing, proofreading, and optimizing copy for promotional materials ensuring both ISMG & client standards have been met.
- Coordinating with ISMG Sales, Editorial, and Graphics teams to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and approved by the sponsors.
- Working with internal team to coincide with company/event marketing efforts.
What You’ll Bring For Success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Events, Public Relations, Communications, or other related fields.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in event management, audience development/attendee recruitment, and/or sales.
- Experience managing client projects and expectations with an emphasis on event performance.
- Virtual event experience preferably utilizing virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, WebEx, etc.
- Experience with marketing automation programs (Marketo is a plus).
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments concurrently while prioritizing tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well in a fast paced media environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Multi-lingual skills is a plus (Specifically French, Italian, German, or Spanish)