Company Name: DataVox
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, Network Security, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
We want our company to be a place you will want to be – and stay. Employees at DataVox are offered the following:
- An amazing atmosphere to challenge yourself and grow career!
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- The company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plan with company match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays
- Annual Health and Wellness Fairs
- Virtual and in-person team & company events – Ice Cream Social, Employee Appreciation Day, Halloween contests, Thanksgiving potluck, Holiday parties, “Support our team” days, Texans, Astros, and Dinamo watch parties, and more!
- Mileage and phone reimbursement
- Volunteer program including paid time off to support a cause you believe in
- Opportunity to make decisions that positively impact the environment through sustainable business practices.
What You’ll Do:
DataVox is seeking a Event Manager to work closely with the Vice President of Marketing. This position will challenge a dynamic and creative individual to assist in the development and implementation of an effective social business strategy in a Business-to-Business market.
- Manage all aspects of marketing events including trade shows, customer events, golf tournaments, and partner training sessions.
- Assist with venue selection, negotiations of contracts, management of event vendors, arranging guest speakers, partner presentations, giveaway/door prizes, etc.
- Create marketing media for Customer events.
- Conduct marketing email campaigns for event participation and attendance.
- Track customer participation in events and conduct follow up activities to measure ROI for each event.
- Work with technology partners, distributors, and suppliers to build marketing plans and to utilize their programs to further brand awareness and development.
- Maintain a working relationship with all vendors and partners.
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations on the day of, including setting up, welcoming guests, set-up, organizing vendors, tearing down, etc.
- Collaborate with the marketing department and add input on potential marketing tactics/ideas.
- Plans annual marketing plan and advertising budget for the entire company
- Develop an in-depth knowledge base regarding the business solutions industry to assist with focus of our target audience/customer.
- Create, facilitate, and host webinar/Webex events for new and established customers for various products.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- 3+ years of marketing and event coordination in a corporate environment is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel specifically) required.
- Experience with WordPress, Cvents or other event management platforms, Webex/Teams, CRM, and Creative Adobe Suite is preferred.
- Ability to delegate, inspire and communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to different communication styles.
- Superior organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
Who You Are:
- Outgoing personality, with strong written, verbal and communication skills to appeal to a wide array of audiences through webinar interface with prospective and established clients.
- Ability to work well with a team and work towards a common goal.
- Open-minded creativity and imagination.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively identify problems and resolutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to use a ladder. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.